Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hello Tom,
    I did everything as you suggested and nothing changed. Well, yes the Copyright was before centered and now is on the left. I made changes on the template layout thinking that it would help. But it did not.
    Regards,
    Albert

boizan Friend

Hello Tom,
    I did everything as you suggested and nothing changed. Well, yes the Copyright was before centered and now is on the left. I made changes on the template layout thinking that it would help. But it did not.
    Regards,
    Albert

TomC Moderator

This is strange … because when I tested out the suggested modifications (via Firebug), they all worked as indicated.

Are you sure you entered the changes in the correct file path and CSS line numbers?

Did you try clearing your cache – both browser and JAT3?

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    # I have checked your css. Not sure if you have applied in right way OR your applied be replaced because you are working with core css files.
    # And actually you have not applied for custom.css ( which way we should do )

http://fl.highlightsas.com/templates/ja_biz/css/custom.css
    <blockquote>Not Found

The requested URL /floridahighlightsas/templates/ja_biz/css/custom.css was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at fl.highlightsas.com Port 80</blockquote>
    # And if you want to use custom.css beside original css code
    For sample

.t3-footer.container {
    padding-top: 0px;
    }

You should ( optional ) make it higher css priority by provide more detail for css selector
    For sample

.t3-wrapper .t3-footer.container {
    padding-top: 0px;
    }

It would prevent your override custom.css can’t override original one
    Here is document about this

http://monc.se/kitchen/38/cascading-order-and-inheritance-in-css

# And finally it’s our bug

templatesja_biztplsblocksfooter.php

<!-- FOOT NAVIGATION -->
    <div class="row">

<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-3 col-sm-12 col-xs-12">
    <div class="footer-info">
    <?php if ($this->countModules('footer-info')) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('footer-info') ?>" style="T3xhtml" />
    <?php endif ?>

<div class="copyright <?php $this->_c('footer') ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('footer') ?>" />
    </div>
    </div>

</div>

<div class="col-lg-6 col-md-6 col-sm-12 col-xs-12 footer-links">
    <?php if ($this->checkSpotlight('footnav', 'footer-1, footer-2, footer-3, footer-4')) : ?>
    <?php $this->spotlight('footnav', 'footer-1, footer-2, footer-3, footer-4') ?>
    <?php endif ?>
    </div>

<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-3 col-sm-12 col-xs-12 footer-subcribe">
    <?php if ($this->countModules('footer-subcribe')) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('footer-subcribe') ?>" style="T3xhtml" />
    <?php endif ?>
    </div>

</div>
    <!-- //FOOT NAVIGATION -->

These block have no checking if module exists or not. It’ll always render html block. That’s why you have blank page like your live site.

You can move out if condition like this

<!-- FOOT NAVIGATION -->
    <div class="row">
    <?php if ($this->countModules('footer-info') || $this->countModules('footer') ) : ?>
    <div class="col-lg-3 col-md-3 col-sm-12 col-xs-12">
    <div class="footer-info">

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('footer-info') ?>" style="T3xhtml" />

<div class="copyright <?php $this->_c('footer') ?>">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('footer') ?>" />
    </div>
    </div>

</div>

<?php endif ?>
    <div class="col-lg-6 col-md-6 col-sm-12 col-xs-12 footer-links">
    <?php if ($this->checkSpotlight('footnav', 'footer-1, footer-2, footer-3, footer-4')) : ?>
    <?php $this->spotlight('footnav', 'footer-1, footer-2, footer-3, footer-4') ?>
    <?php endif ?>
    </div>

<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-3 col-sm-12 col-xs-12 footer-subcribe">
    <?php if ($this->countModules('footer-subcribe')) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p('footer-subcribe') ?>" style="T3xhtml" />
    <?php endif ?>
    </div>

</div>
    <!-- //FOOT NAVIGATION -->

I only do sample for first block footer. You can do same thing for rest part.

That’s all about your issue . We can solve it by tracking code and resolve it from root cause 🙂

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

boizan Friend

Hello Tom,
    I just checked out that all the changes were on template.css and they were. I cleared the cache on: System/Clear Cache/Purge Expired Cache. Thank you for your help!
    Albert

TomC Moderator

<em>@boizan 485982 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello Tom,
    I just checked out that all the changes were on template.css and they were. I cleared the cache on: System/Clear Cache/Purge Expired Cache. Thank you for your help!
    Albert</blockquote>

So does this mean that you were able to get it to work to your satisfaction … or does the issue remain ??

TomC Moderator

<em>@boizan 485982 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello Tom,
    Albert</blockquote>

So does this mean that you were able to get it to work to your satisfaction … or does the issue remain ??

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum