Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Here is my site: http://www.lillitesdaycare.com/lighthouseaz/ (it is a j16 quick install)

I have solved most of my issues but am perplexed by this one: when you open up an article there is a category heading across the top. For example, all of my articles on the front page are in the category of DEMO CONTENT (see attachment).

My question is how do I prevent this from showing? I’ve set my global settings for articles to NOT show parent categories. I’ve set the article’s individual parameters to NOT show parent categories. Where else is a setting for this?

Thanks.

1. Untitled-1
    himangi Friend

Hi,

Can you please provide site admin access to check this?

pastorbill Friend

Hi, I pm’d you the access and password.

Here is another issue that popped up since last night: I started working on my main menu hierarchy. I changed the titles/alias/types of the first dozen or so menu items. Now, when you click on any of the articles on the front page (under contentslider or the content-main position) they simply open up on the frontpage instead of being redirected to their own individual article page. What did I do that would’ve caused that? (they still open with the parent category, too).

Thanks for your help.

himangi Friend

Hi,

Any of your current menus do not include category blog type or such menu items which will define an Itemid for all the articles under that category. Currently when you click on any article in contentslider, since the article does not have any particular Itemid, by default it takes it as 1, which is an Itemid of the home page. Hence whatever modules are published on Home page are displayed on the article page as well. To check this Itemid dependent behavior you can publish / unpublish HOT NEWS menu item under HOME.
    Hope this is clear..

I dont see DEMO CATEGORY on the top of article title now. Did you change it or that issue is resolved now?

pastorbill Friend

Yes, this makes perfect sense and I was able to publish all my front page articles to menu items so that fixed that problem.

If you check once again to my site, however, and click on the middle article on the contentslider (ONLINE SERMONS) or the second FEATURED story (POWER CLASSES) and you will see that it displays a parent category as a heading on the article. Various menu heading items do the same (all except HOME and PLUG IN). I’ve set global to not show parent categories and I’ve tried to go in to the articles and set them to not show them as well. I’m sure this is an easy fix that I’m overlooking and I appreciate your taking the time to help me.

Thanks again.

himangi Friend

Hi,

The FASHION CATEGORY heading is set in the Resources menu item, Page Display Options tab. When I chose NO option for Show Page Heading, as you can see the category heading does not show for Online Sermons article. Similarly for Power Class article which is the same link as Menu item Pastor Kim’s Blog under Resources>Blog had the page heading ON.
    You will now need to find out the menu items which have the page heading set in menu params, and turn it off wherever you do not need to show it.

pastorbill Friend

Thanks again! I believe you have solved just about everything for me. The site looks very sharp thanks to you.

Last question for now: On the front page only the FEATURED articles show the author. Is there a way to turn this off?

Thank you.

himangi Friend

Hi,

In your HOME menu item, Article Options Tab, Show Author was set to Show option, I have changed it to Use Global, and author is not showing for Featured Articles either..

Please note that the menu params override the Article global options

pastorbill Friend

Thank you. You’ve done an awesome job!

tan Friend

Please ignore my comment – needed to look harder

<em>@himangi 237992 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

The FASHION CATEGORY heading is set in the Resources menu item, Page Display Options tab. When I chose NO option for Show Page Heading, as you can see the category heading does not show for Online Sermons article. Similarly for Power Class article which is the same link as Menu item Pastor Kim’s Blog under Resources>Blog had the page heading ON.
    You will now need to find out the menu items which have the page heading set in menu params, and turn it off wherever you do not need to show it.</blockquote>

himangi Friend

Hi Tan,

Can you please post your site url here? I will take a look and explain it to you again.. Please give admin access as well, so that Ican give solution faster.

tan Friend

Hi Himangi
    I have managed to work out how to update the previous problems I was experiencing. Another problem I am having is related to the JCE editor. Could you help me with JCE editor

himangi Friend

Hi,

I am not sure I am right person for solving JCE editor issues. But you can get help about that on http://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/forum/

Hope that helps.

efficiency Friend

I am having the same problem, but I don’t understand what you mean here. When I click on articles on the home page, they display on the same page without going to the article’s page. Please help, Himangi.
    http://democracy.nigeriadeclassified.com/

pastorbill Friend

Efficiency, in order to fix this you MUST have the article published as a menu item. In other words, go to your mainmenu and set up the article “Secrets of Babangida’s Rape of Nigeria” as a menu item under SECTION > POLITICAL. If your article doesn’t have a corresponding menu item, it will point to the default frontpage and display there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  himangi 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum