Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

How can I remove the color bar/background from the Top Menu?

I’ve gone through the CSS file and done everything I can think of to get it not to show up – to no avail.

Any suggestions??

:confused:

TomC Moderator

Okay, I actually figured out a sloppy work-around to solve the problem . . . I simply deleted the relative images form the images folder. Since I don’t believe that these images were linked to any other elements, it should be okay – and it does work.

Nevertheless, there has to be a cleaner way to have accomplished this. I tried going into the CSS file and removing the instruction for the background image in the relative style (topnav) – but each time I refreshed, the image remained (which doesn’t make sense to me at all … if there was no instruction to place the image (i.e. background: none), then why would it continue to show up).

Yet another reason why pure CSS layout bugs the snot out of me … but oh well – all’s well that ends well.

😎

TOM

instantinlaw Friend

Hi
    It would be better to replace those images with 1 pixel x 1 pixel transparent gifs or pngs. But you were probably looking at the wrong css file if there were no changes.

or try changing in the template_css.css

/* Top Menu in Header */
    #ja-topnavwrap {
    padding-left: 5px;
    background: url(../images/topnav-left-bg.gif) no-repeat top left;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    height: 26px;
    }
    #ja-topnavwrap ul {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    float: left;
    background: url(../images/topnav-right-bg.gif) no-repeat top right;
    }

to

/* Top Menu in Header */
    #ja-topnavwrap {
    padding-left: 5px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: left top;
    }
    #ja-topnavwrap ul {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    float: left;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: right top;
    }

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 17 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum