Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I have disable user registration, but users still able to register when they click Create an Account Text (on the right side Login text)

Is it possible to remove Create an Account text?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Sugiarto.

jsliao Friend

index.php

line 123

<ul>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="ja-login" />
    <!--module search-->
    <?php if($this->countModules('user4')) : ?>
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="user4" />
    <?php endif; ?>
    </ul>

remove line in red.

this will essentially disable anything regards to user login/registration from the top. not sure if this is what you require.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi sugiarto,

In Administrator, go to Site -> Global Configuration -> System, at User Settings box, select Allow User Registration to No.

Hope it helps.

sugiarto Friend

Hi JA Developer

Sorry for late-late reply. I am not hanging around in Joomla for a while.
    I have already set Allow User Registration to No, but Create an Account Text still appear though if I try to register it will raised error 404.

What I want is to remove that Create an Account Text.

Regards,
    Sugiarto.

sugiarto Friend

Hi jsliao

Sorry for late-late reply. I am not hanging around in Joomla for a while. I have done what you tol me, but it also remove login from top.

I want just remove Create an account, but still need login. Is it possible?

Regards,
    Sugiarto.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

To remove the Create a account text from the login module.

Take a backup and then open your /templates/ja_cooper/html/mod_login/ default.php

Remove the following code around line around line 48:

[PHP]<?php
    $usersConfig = &JComponentHelper::getParams( ‘com_users’ );
    if ($usersConfig->get(‘allowUserRegistration’)) : ?>
    <a href=”<?php echo JRoute::_( ‘index.php?option=com_user&task=register’ ); ?>”>
    <?php echo JText::_(‘REGISTER’); ?></a>
    <?php endif; ?>[/PHP]

Let us know if it works.

regards

arvind

sugiarto Friend

Hi arvind,

I have removed those codes, but no avail. Create an Account still enable/appear.

Regards.
    Sugiarto

ShannonN Friend

sugiarto;122784Hi arvind,

I have removed those codes, but no avail. Create an Account still enable/appear.

Regards.
    Sugiarto

Have you unpublished the ja login module in the module manager?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@sugiarto 122784 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi arvind,

Regards.
    Sugiarto</blockquote>

Not sure why it din work for you, i tried the same thing on my localhost and it worked. Did you clear your browser cache? May be you can give us a live url of your site.

regards

arvind

sugiarto Friend

Hi Arvind

I can give live url because it is still build on my localhost.

I felt strange too, why it didn’t work. I remember when using JA Teline, in JA Teline, the procedure to remove Create an Account Text almost similar to this one and it worked ok.

I have remove the codes you suggested and also delete these lines :
    <a class=”register-switch” href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(“index.php?option=com_user& task=register”);?>” onclick=”this.blur();showBox(‘ja-register’,’namemsg’,this);return false;” >
    <?php echo JText::_(‘REGISTER’);?> </a>

It seem it worked, but It looks like this

Monday Login | | Search

Notice that there are 2 separators bar between Login and Search. I think, if the procedure is right, there is only one separator bar.

Regards,
    Sugiarto.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Sugiarto,

I am attaching pics of what happens when one removes the code block i have mentioned above :
    Before

After

If this is what you want, i shall do it for you, whensoever you move your site to internet.

regards

arvind

sugiarto Friend

Hi Arvind,

That’s right, that is what I want. Thanks for your kind offer, I will tell you when my site is ready on Internet.

But I think, your style and my style is different, You use JA Cooper, I use JA Cooper Bussiness.

Attach is a screen shoot of my web. You could notice the difference, on yours, search box position is on the left Login text, while on mine, search is on the right Login. Also you could see that on JA Cooper Bussiness, there is an Create an Account Text beside Login Text, while on JA Cooper, this text doesn’t exist.

No wonder people seem don’t understand my question. I also just find out this different after saw your Screen shoot.

Regards,
    Sugiarto

1. Screen
    symbic Friend

Hello sugiarto
    I had the same problem and was able to fix it.
    Look for an extra tag
    <li>
    above the lines of code you deleted in default.php.
    This removes the extra character |
    This worked for me.

sugiarto Friend

Hello symbic

Tks for your suggestion, strange but it didn’t work for me. May be because I done to many trial on this template. I will try to start from beggining again, hope this will solve the problem.

Rgs
    Sugiarto.

ticoscr Friend

For ja_cooper_business
    Comment or delete – Lines 62-63

<a class=”register-switch” href=”<?php echo JRoute::_(“index.php?option=com_user&task=register”);?>” onclick=”this.blur();showBox(‘ja-register’,’namemsg’,this);return false;” >
    <?php echo JText::_(‘REGISTER’);?>

Regards,
    Oscar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  hultman 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum