Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

How can I remove the borders in the right module of “JA Rasite” template?

Wich code should we add to the “template.css” or to the “class suffix” of the articl

See the picture:

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Hello gabrielanta!

I think that pls give me the link to your site i would like to check this, or please try to do by using the firebug of firefox and try to find css of element and then you can fix this by yourself
    http://www.kristarella.com/2009/02/how-to-use-firebug-for-css/
    http://getfirebug.com/css

thanks

lamvt Friend

<em>@gabrielanta 188104 wrote:</em><blockquote>How can I remove the borders in the right module of “JA Rasite” template?

Wich code should we add to the “template.css” or to the “class suffix” of the articl

See the picture:

Thanks</blockquote>

hello gabrielanta

Try to use : Module Class Suffix = _anything

gabrielanta Friend

<em>@lamvt 188843 wrote:</em><blockquote>hello gabrielanta

Try to use : Module Class Suffix = _anything</blockquote>

DOES NOT WORK WITH “_anything”

jpbenning Friend

I have a similar question to the one above, see my link below:

http://www.askmymind.com/featured-test-page

I would like the “featured food articles” to have no modular styling – just the content itself against the white background.

Any help would be great! 😀

Regards, Jared

Phill Moderator

That is the slideshow module. You should be able to just disable the visibility of the title to make it look like our demo. Is that what you are after?

jpbenning Friend

Yes, I would like the slideshow module to appear without the background on the module – it is set to the content-mass position. I know how to remove the title, but the background border still shows in this position, similar question as the images shown above by the original poster.

Phill Moderator

Can you give me a uper admin logon and ftp account via PM? Please include a link to this thread in your PM.

TomC Moderator

<em>@jpbenning 313572 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have a similar question to the one above, see my link below:

http://www.askmymind.com/featured-test-page

I would like the “featured food articles” to have no modular styling – just the content itself against the white background.

Any help would be great! 😀

Regards, Jared</blockquote>
    Jared:
    If you will set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings . . . we should be able to assist you with this.

jpbenning Friend

Done, I have adjusted the Optimize settings

Jared

TomC Moderator

The background elements to which you are referring appear to be (in my opinion, annoyingly so) a series of images across a number of CSS rules toward achieving the entire background effect.

Look to file path –> /templates/ja_rasite/themes/light_green/css/template.css

from lines 136 to 205 . . . . .

<blockquote>/* ALL ROUNDED STYLE——————————————————— */
    /* Rounded style 1 —*/
    .ja-rs1-top { background: #fff; }
    .ja-rs1-tl { background: url(../images/corner-rs1.png) no-repeat left top; }
    .ja-rs1-tr { background: url(../images/corner-rs1.png) no-repeat right top; }

.ja-rs1-mid { background: #fff; }

.ja-rs1-bot { background: #fff; }
    .ja-rs1-bl { background: url(../images/corner-rs1.png) no-repeat left bottom; }
    .ja-rs1-br { background: url(../images/corner-rs1.png) no-repeat right bottom; }

/* Rounded style 2 —*/
    .ja-rs2-top { background: #fff }
    .ja-rs2-tl { background: url(../images/corner-rs1.png) no-repeat left top; }
    .ja-rs2-tr { background: url(../images/corner-rs1.png) no-repeat right top; }

.ja-rs2-mid { background: #fff; }
    .ja-rs2-ml { background: #fff; }
    .ja-rs2-mr { padding: 0;}

.ja-rs2-bot { background: #fff; }
    .ja-rs2-bl { background: url(../images/corner-rs1.png) no-repeat left bottom; }
    .ja-rs2-br { background: url(../images/corner-rs1.png) no-repeat right bottom; }

/* Rounded style 3 —*/
    .ja-rs3-top { background: url(../images/rs3-top.png) repeat-x left top; }
    .ja-rs3-tl { background: url(../images/corner-rs3.png) no-repeat left top; }
    .ja-rs3-tr { background: url(../images/corner-rs3.png) no-repeat right top; }

.ja-rs3-mid { background: url(../images/rs3-mid-l.png) repeat-y left top #f6f8f0; }
    .ja-rs3-ml { background: url(../images/rs3-mid-r.png) repeat-y right top; }
    .ja-rs3-mr { background: url(../images/rs3-mid-top.png ) repeat-x left top; }

.ja-rs3-bot { background: url(../images/rs3-bot.png) repeat-x left bottom; }
    .ja-rs3-bl { background: url(../images/corner-rs3.png) no-repeat left bottom; }
    .ja-rs3-br { background: url(../images/corner-rs3.png) no-repeat right bottom; }

/* Rounded style 4 —*/
    .ja-rs4-top { }
    .ja-rs4-tl { }
    .ja-rs4-tr { }

.ja-rs4-mid { }
    .ja-rs4-ml { }
    .ja-rs4-mr { }

.ja-rs4-bot { }
    .ja-rs4-bl { }
    .ja-rs4-br { }

.ja-rs4-mid a,
    .ja-rs4-mid li a { }

.ja-rs4-mid a:hover, .ja-rs4-mid a:focus, .ja-rs4-mid a:active,
    .ja-rs4-mid li a:hover, .ja-rs4-mid li a:focus, .ja-rs4-mid li a:active { }

/* Rounded style 5 —*/
    .ja-rs5-top { background: url(../images/rs5-top.png) repeat-x left top; }
    .ja-rs5-tl { background: url(../images/corner-rs5.png) no-repeat left top; }
    .ja-rs5-tr { background: url(../images/corner-rs5.png) no-repeat right top; }

.ja-rs5-mid { background: url(../images/rs5-mid-l.png) repeat-y left top #fff; }
    .ja-rs5-ml { background: url(../images/rs5-mid-r.png) repeat-y right top; padding: 0 1px; }
    .ja-rs5-mr { background: url(../images/rs5-mid-top.png ) repeat-x left top; }

.ja-rs5-bot { background: url(../images/rs5-bot.png) repeat-x left bottom; }
    .ja-rs5-bl { background: url(../images/corner-rs5.png) no-repeat left bottom; }
    .ja-rs5-br { background: url(../images/corner-rs5.png) no-repeat right bottom; }

</blockquote>

It will likely involve some trial-and-error experimentation – and a bit of patience – but you could try removing those background properties and seeing how it affects your display.

ALWAYS MAKE A BACK-UP OF YOUR SITE BEFORE YOU MAKE CHANGES LIKE THESE

jpbenning Friend

Thanks, sort of works – its rounded style 3 but with two complications:

1.) It is linked to the “right” module and therefore I will have to modify the code and create a new rounded style so that column does not get affected

2.) Removing rounded style 3 does not remove the css styling from the main css folder and therefore it needs to be edited in more than one place

I now know what to do, but it is a bigger chore than expected so I am going to put it on the back burner for now. I was hoping there was a simpler way :p Thanks for the help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jpbenning 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum