Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know how I can remove the space above the footer (above where it has the back-to-top link)? It looks terrible on a page that doesn’t have any articles on it.

khoand Friend

Hi,
    You find this code from /templates/ja_minisite/css/template.css

#ja-container .main {
    background: url(../images/bgd_main.gif) 0 0 repeat-y;
    margin-bottom: 30px; < remove this line
    }

yaviner Friend

Thanks, that makes sense, I just didn’t know where to look.

I tried zeroing out the margin as you suggested, which didn’t bring it up entirely, so I changed it to a negative margin to bring it back. This looked pretty good on the homepage, but made the JA ‘Top’ link overlap with the k2 back to top link…so I had to go into the k2.css to get rid of the k2 one. It looks pretty good now, but just for future reference, where is the code for the JA ‘top’ link? I may want to push that down.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

It is found:
    ja_minisite/templates/ja_minisite/css/template.css – line 767

#ja-footer .ja-footnav {
    margin: 5px 0;
    }

Modifying the 5px above will move the both top and bottom margins for you.

Have fun!
    John.

yaviner Friend

Thanks. That particular block controls the menu in footer position, not the back to top link that is a bit above it (and across the page). I eventually found it – the div is #ja-navhelper. I inserted a bit of css to push it down, but eventually decided to just hide it altogether with
    #ja-navhelper {display:none}

John Wesley Brett Moderator

<em>@yaviner 250281 wrote:</em><blockquote>… where is the code for the JA ‘top’ link? I may want to push that down.</blockquote>

I only answered what you asked. Glad you found what you were looking for.

John.

yaviner Friend

<em>@jbrett 250553 wrote:</em><blockquote>I only answered what you asked. Glad you found what you were looking for.

John.</blockquote>

Oh, I thought you were responding to my second question. Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yaviner 13 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum