Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi, i’d like to know how to remove the “Designed by JoomlArt.com.” text at the bottom. I’ve seen that it is in the footer.php file, but it doesnt let me edit it. How can i fix this problem ?

Thanks.

anisjolly Friend

hi blowjack

just locate your footer.php (which should be in your template folder) and edit it in there.

It’s very simple.

If you have any problems with that – let me know

blowback Friend

Thats what i’ve tried to do, but im still getting this error:

550 default.php: Permission denied

anisjolly Friend

where are you getting this error?

ftp?

try downloading the file first – then editing it and then uploading it to the same place you downloaded it from (footer.php)

if you still have problems – if you could set me up a temp pass to the files directory – i’ll sort it for you in 2 clicks.

blowback Friend

Yes through FTP, i tried everything you said , but still give me that error. That file is protected from modifying if i get it right. Maybe some JA expert can tell me how to solve the problem.

anisjolly Friend

try setting the chmod of the file to 755 first and then download/edit then upload.

the 755 gives you access to write to the file.

if you do not know how to do this – my offer of sorting it out for you still stands.

rather than post any details here – send anything via pm

Menalto Friend

Log into your hosting account and use the file manager from there to change the file to your needs.

anisjolly Friend

cheers menalto – i guess i missed that bit out

😉

moveteam Friend

Or downlooad the cleanup.php script: http://codex.gallery2.org/Downloads:Cleanup_Script.

Put it in the root of your Joomla installation, go to yoursite.com/cleanup.php and write the full path of the folder you want to change the permission of.

moveteam Friend

Remember to remove it afterwards of course 😉

anisjolly Friend

hey moveteam – nice find.

i’ll bookmark that and download it!!

boy – i feel like i’m stalking this thread! lol

blowback Friend

<em>@Menalto 67143 wrote:</em><blockquote>Log into your hosting account and use the file manager from there to change the file to your needs.</blockquote>
    Thanks, it worked like a charm 🙂

anisjolly Friend

no probs.

glad you got it sorted.

🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anisjolly 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum