Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi All:

What do I need to edit to remove the screen width adjust buttons located in the breadcrumbs area of the template?

Please see picture attached. Buttons I want removed outlined in red.

Thanks in advance.

Using Joomla 1.5.7

1. usertools
    mfcphil Friend

In the 1.015 version of joomla (1.5 May differ)

go to templates/your template name/ja_vars.php and find

# BEGIN: TEMPLATE CONFIGURATIONS ##########
    ####################################
    #support extra color themes
    $ja_color_themes = array(); // You can add more color array if needed
    $ja_header_images_wide = array (‘header1.jpg’,’header2.jpg’,’header3.jpg’,’header 4.jpg’,’header5.jpg’);
    $ja_header_images_narrow = array (‘header1-n.jpg’,’header2-n.jpg’,’header3-n.jpg’,’header4-n.jpg’,’header5-n.jpg’);
    ####################################
    # Change the width of the template
    $ja_width_default = ‘wide’; // ‘narrow’: 800×600; ‘wide’: 1024×768
    # default color
    $ja_color_default = ‘default’; //blank for default, else pick one of in extra color themes $ja_color_themes
    #font size default
    $ja_font_size_default = 3;
    # Enable users option
    $ja_tool = 6; // 0: 0: disable all; 1: Screen tool; 2: font tool; 3: screen + font; 4: color tool; 5: screen + color; 6: font + color; 7: all;# Choose your prefer Menu Type
    $ja_menutype = 2; // 1: Split Menu; 2: Son of Suckerfish Dropdown Menu; 3: Moomenu
    # END: TEMPLATE CONFIGURATIONS ##########

check the coloured line and change it to suit your needs…

hope his helps

abishai Friend

Thanks for trying. It’s different for 1.5. No such file ja_vars.php in this version.

Just an additional note, I do have selected under template parameters:

“Display Template Tool” = Font size and color css

Changing the above parameter doesn’t affect the usertools in the breadcrumbs area.

dozza Friend

I’ve got exactly the same problem as abishai. The template parameters up dates the file ‘params.ini’ within the template folder. However, even though this file is writable and I have the content as follows, it is still displaying the ‘screen width’ tool. All I want displaying is the ‘font size’ tool, hence having ‘user tool’ in params.ini set to 2.

ColorCSS=orange
    FontSize=3
    ScreenType=wide
    MenuType=2
    usertool=2

Any ideas anyone. The site is at http://www.leaseextension-freeholdpurchase.co.uk/index.php

mj1256 Friend

in 1.5 try going to extentsions/template manager/edit you template/on the right their should be option boxes to pick from

or, navigate via ftp or joomlaexplorer to the template folded/you template/params.ini

and manually set it there

i don’t have 1.5.x version installed for this template, but the recent ones all work basically the same way

dozza Friend

mj

As mentioned, I have J1.5 and have the correct settings to show only the font resizer (usertool=2) in the params.ini file, but the front end is still showing the screen resize tool AS WELL as the font sizing tool, as though I have ‘usertool=3’ in the params.ini file (which I dont!).

This is what is causing my confusion/problem, although abishai’s problem may be slightly different.

Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to correct?

Juniamission Friend

<em>@dozza 87778 wrote:</em><blockquote>mj

As mentioned, I have J1.5 and have the correct settings to show only the font resizer (usertool=2) in the params.ini file, but the front end is still showing the screen resize tool AS WELL as the font sizing tool, as though I have ‘usertool=3’ in the params.ini file (which I dont!).

This is what is causing my confusion/problem, although abishai’s problem may be slightly different.

Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to correct?</blockquote>

How did you solve your problem with the screen resize tool?

N.B! I found the solution here. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/screen-type-hide/

aliegeni Friend

How to make color user tool stay at bottom of site but bredcum area contain only Font size tool?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  aliegeni 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum