Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Just installed quickstart for “Lens”…the images included in “demo” have dimensions shown, but these dimensions don’t work very well.

In the slideshow that is menu driven, the images included in the quickstart demo were 1600×1063…however images that i use at that size are re-sized by the template, then cropped very strangely…

What is wrong here? Doesn’t seem like this template is ready for prime time…take a look here:

http://buckle.douglasmagnus.com/slideshow

Tell me how to configure my images correctly for the slideshow display…

Sherlock Friend

Hi mneese,

I just took a look at the url http://buckle.douglasmagnus.com/slideshow and I saw those images at the slideshow were displayed at their original sizes, Could you explain more details if the problem still there ?

mneese Friend

well, the problem is the images are cropped! what are the proportions and/or sizing for proper cropping and display? The demo content has a watermark showing the images sized at 1600px x various heights,,,this does not work as you can see!
    What are the correct size for display?

Sherlock Friend

Hi mneese,

I think the size of 1600 * 989 is proper, Now I am seeing that your site is offline.

swtinning Friend

Compromise! My best solution was to crop images to 1600 x 1000 (an average) and to centre on to the portion of the picture you want to display. I have 2 monitors of different ratio settings so that I could compare the difference. For the module, main height and width I’ve set at a 2:1 ratio, e.g. 1600 x 800px. Not perfect but probably the best you will get.

Chrome and FF good, nice:)…IE9 ‘friggin’ joke! What’s going on at MS?>:(

swtinning Friend

D’oh! Got a better idea. Just add a border in Photoshop to get the whole picture/photo. Simple! :laugh:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  swtinning 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum