Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Could someone explain how to setup the database for the joomla install.
    I’ve filled out all the data in the cpanel database creation part…… then input it into the joomla installation on the 4thstep and
    cannot pass to the next stage… could someone explain what i’m doing wrong..

i got the reply basically

An error has occurred.:Could not connect to the database. Connector returned number: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

mihirc Friend

hi,

When u r adding the username / pwd they are incorrect. That is why u r getting the error.

Regards,
    Mihir C.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

First, you have to create a database in your MySql database, then create a user in there too. After that, add your user to the database you want to install.

Remeber your database name, user name and user password.

When comes to Step 4, you have to key in database name, username and password. Don’t forget, you have to key in full database name with the prefix (i don’t know how to call it).

For example, a database name is “abc123” and hosting username is sfpkent.

Don’t just key in “abc123”, you have to key in your hosting name username with the database name which is sfpkent_abc123. Same goes to database username.

bookpeg Friend

mihirc
    they should be ok —- they are exactly the same as the ones i entered in the mysql database setup……

bookpeg Friend

Sfpkent — ok i did that but what i think it may be is the host name — is that the url.
    if so im putting in example onetwofour.com — with no http i’ve tried that to and nothing happened….. anyother suggestions… perhaps

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Nope, host name is not your url, it is localhost. Just type localhost.

bennitos Friend

you only have to put in the database name and the password of the database you created.

database location should be localhost

bookpeg Friend

Ok but i created the database with cpanel….. i’ve done some research on mysql and i remember hearing something like if you host the site from the computer locally then use localhost ie if you run joomla from your computer… i’m running joomla ( wait lightbulb !)

ok i’m running it over the internet through a host in my case hostgator ! someone said i would haveto type my url as the host name. Is this true.

bookpeg Friend

Ok yahhhhhhhhh it worked…. :)…. thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bookpeg 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum