Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am trying to split the header block (which has by default the logo and search) into three blocks. I want to take advantage of the whitespace/empty in the middle of the logo and search columns. I have attempted to make edits in the layout section of the backend but not looking good.

I also attempted to split the top-bar into two columns but rather the columns are siting on each other instead of side-by-side. My goal is to add a newsletter module in the far right of the login module I have on the top bar.

Here is the split for that?

<block name="top-panel" type="modules" style="raw" colwidth="25" main-inner="1" fixheight="2">top-panel, newsletter</block>
    <block name="header" type="header">header,banner,search</block>

Thanks

Sherlock Friend

Hi Omjesu,

If you meant the place between the logo and search columns then I think there is a module position there already, it’s the position shoppingcart, just assigning your module to that position.
    you can also open the file of templates/ja_orisite/css/vmsite.css looking for this css

#ja-shoppingcart {
    float: right;
    margin-left: 20px;
    }

here you modify the css for that position to get it display well as you wished.

swissa Friend

I think this thread about creating a new module position should help.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-a-new-module-position-4/

Bestens

omojesu Friend

Great, this will surely help.

Thank you.

<em>@swissa 309601 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think this thread about creating a new module position should help.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-a-new-module-position-4/

Bestens</blockquote>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  omojesu 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum