Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

How can I suppress the “You May Also Like” on this page?

http://mag.coalage.com/contact-us.html

TomC Moderator

This appears to be an extension relative to a particular shopping cart component you are using – correct?

Are you using VirtueMart? HikaShop? MijoShop? Other?

miningmedia Friend

No… there are no carts installed. I started with the Ja Magz basic installation.

TomC Moderator

<em>@miningmedia 423531 wrote:</em><blockquote>No… there are no carts installed. I started with the Ja Magz basic installation.</blockquote>

You are correct – my mistake :-[

Go to Template Manager >> Your default template >> General Tab >> Extended settings >> Related Articles >> >>>>> Set to Off

Otherwise, another Member appears to have solved this problem by adding a new article layout file that does not contain “you may also like” section —> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/you-may-also-like-2/

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@miningmedia 423529 wrote:</em><blockquote>How can I suppress the “You May Also Like” on this page?

http://mag.coalage.com/contact-us.html</blockquote>

Please see this thread
    Hope it Helps 🙂

TomC Moderator

miningmedia . . .

Were the above suggestions helpful to you ??

miningmedia Friend

No, those really don’t help but I do believe I’ve figured out a workaround by just putting those pages in their own categories where there is only one article per category. It doesn’t, however, suppress the “you may also like” but that’s ok. I can find something to go beneath it that makes sense.

TomC Moderator

Glad you were able to work it out . . . All the best with your continuing site development.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@miningmedia 424081 wrote:</em><blockquote>No, those really don’t help but I do believe I’ve figured out a workaround by just putting those pages in their own categories where there is only one article per category. It doesn’t, however, suppress the “you may also like” but that’s ok. I can find something to go beneath it that makes sense.</blockquote>
    Glad you found something , the link i provided above , in that the user exculde a category by the cat ID .
    if you don’t want to exclude a category .and you want to remove you may also like block from a specific article.
    In that case there is a tweak , i solved the same issue for a member by new layout.
    you can PM me the site credentials , i will implement the same for you .
    don’t hesitate to write on forum.
    we are always happy to you 🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@pankajsharma 424089 wrote:</em><blockquote>Glad you found something , the link i provided above , in that the user exculde a category by the cat ID .
    if you don’t want to exclude a category . yoy want to remove you may also like block from a specific article.
    </blockquote>

I believe that is the solution he said that he implemented.

😎

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@TomC 424091 wrote:</em><blockquote>I believe that is the solution he said that he implemented.

:cool:</blockquote>

Yes right. But if he did not got the exact solution , i am happy to help me .
    🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum