Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi, there is some way to automatize the indexation of a filter?

I explain:

My site doesn’t create or modify products, they are provided by an external process.

I encounter that, every time I import my products to the website, I have to do it manually.

There’s some function to implement a cron or active an external function?

Thanks in advance.

Victor

Mr.Cat Moderator

@peterchain

The cron function will come with next release. Please stay tuned.

Regards

Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.

peterchain Friend

Hi Cat,

thanks for your feedback.

Anyhow we cannot wait for a new release (with an undefined release date) as we chose to buy your product as a "value added" upgrade for our client and we cannot expect him to enter Backend and do a manual reindexation each time he adds a HikaShop product.

This clearly goes against the nature of what any serious web administrator expects form a filter system.

So please can you provide us with a hint or an example URL on how we could trigger this indexation method with our own cron system ?

Than you.

Mr.Cat Moderator

@peterchain,

You can create a controller function on frontend, and use this code to index data.

JLoader::register('BaseFilterHelper', JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR.'/components/com_jamegafilter/base.php');
    JLoader::register('JaMegaFilterModelDefault', JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR . '/components/com_jamegafilter/models/default.php');
    $model = JModelLegacy::getInstance('JaMegaFilterModelDefault');

$model->exportByID($id);

With $id is id of filter page. You can make a config page to setting the id like we do (check the attachment)

Hope it can help you.

1. 2017-10-27_093856

peterchain Friend

We are working on it, I’ll report back to you when succesful.

Big thanks for your guidance.

peterchain Friend

Hi again,

I tested the function and it’s not working.

It shows this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function load() on boolean in libraries/legacy/model/admin.php on line 904

Thanks in advance.

Victor

Mr.Cat Moderator

@peterchain

Could you share with us site access information for futher checking?

Btw, did you try cron feature?

Regards

peterchain Friend

I have just tested the new version and it’s really an improvement.

Cron works fine. Thanks a lot for the update.

Victor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  peterchain 6 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum