Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

When the logic as to where to trim the intro text is applied can it take into account that the title may have more than 1 line. This might stop the ‘bouncing’ effect on the front page content below the Featured News module.

In print publishing you count ALL of the vertical pixels that might affect vertical justification, and then decide where to trim the variable i.e. the intro text.

Tim

TomC Moderator

Hi Tim:

Not exactly sure what your question/issue is … can you be a bit more specific?

TomC Moderator

Hi Tim:

Not exactly sure what your question/issue is … can you be a bit more specific?

timtecsa Friend

Hi Tom,

Scroll down the homepage to the position as shown in the image below.

Do you see the bounce effect which seems to be related to the fact that only 1 of the 4 articles has a 2 line title.

Tim

timtecsa Friend

Hi Tom,

Do you see the bounce effect which seems to be related to the fact that only 1 of the 4 articles has a 2 line title.

Tim

TomC Moderator

<em>@timtecsa 497031 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tom,

Tim</blockquote>

I’m trying to see a “bounce effect” – or anything unusual – when looking through both your home page and the “politique” section – but I’m not seeing anything unusual occurring. (It may be that I’m still not clear as to exactly what I’m supposed to be looking for and/or what you’re seeing). :((

I’m viewing your site in FireFox … What browser to you use most to view your site?

TomC Moderator

<em>@timtecsa 497031 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tom,

Tim</blockquote>

I’m trying to see a “bounce effect” – or anything unusual – when looking through both your home page and the “politique” section – but I’m not seeing anything unusual occurring. (It may be that I’m still not clear as to exactly what I’m supposed to be looking for and/or what you’re seeing). :((

I’m viewing your site in FireFox … What browser to you use most to view your site?

timtecsa Friend

Perhaps I should call it a ‘push down’ effect. Scroll down the page to the video module and be patient. It moves up and down in synch with the 2 line title above in featured articles module. I’m also on FF and Chrome and Safari on Mac. Same effect on all.

timtecsa Friend

Perhaps I should call it a ‘push down’ effect. Scroll down the page to the video module and be patient. It moves up and down in synch with the 2 line title above in featured articles module. I’m also on FF and Chrome and Safari on Mac. Same effect on all.

TomC Moderator

ahhhhh, NOW I understand – and see the issue.

I’ve been playing around with the CSS for the various elements within that area … and it’s driving me cookoo.
    I’m certain it’s something relatively simple, but it’s eluding me at the moment.

I’m going to flag this for my Support Team Colleagues to take a look as well – in case I can’t figure it out before then.

TomC Moderator

ahhhhh, NOW I understand – and see the issue.

I’ve been playing around with the CSS for the various elements within that area … and it’s driving me cookoo.
    I’m certain it’s something relatively simple, but it’s eluding me at the moment.

I’m going to flag this for my Support Team Colleagues to take a look as well – in case I can’t figure it out before then.

timtecsa Friend

Welcome to the “Cuckoo Club” In printing industry page composition you count ALL the vertical units that COULD BE in the area of concern and then decide where to trim the variable, i.e. the intro text.

Clue: Look for a line wrap code or count the horizontal units in title text to determine if a line wrap MUST be present even if not glaringly obvious.

Good luck.

I made a little QT screen movie to amuse the coders.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oeotshnaoj1ue1i/bounce4tom.mov?dl=0

timtecsa Friend

Welcome to the “Cuckoo Club” In printing industry page composition you count ALL the vertical units that COULD BE in the area of concern and then decide where to trim the variable, i.e. the intro text.

Clue: Look for a line wrap code or count the horizontal units in title text to determine if a line wrap MUST be present even if not glaringly obvious.

Good luck.

I made a little QT screen movie to amuse the coders.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oeotshnaoj1ue1i/bounce4tom.mov?dl=0

melvine Friend

Hi Timtecsa,

Have you this problem when you remove the button readmore ? I have the same effect if I put the parameter “show read more”
    You should look in that way I think

Best Regards
    Melvine

melvine Friend

Hi Timtecsa,

Have you this problem when you remove the button readmore ? I have the same effect if I put the parameter “show read more”
    You should look in that way I think

Best Regards
    Melvine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  timtecsa 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum