Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi. I agree with a lot of the members that this is indeed a very nice template. I was wondering if it is possible to use the background choices facility found on this template on other JA templates and what are the steps to do this.

Thanks in advance and more power to you guys

Sherlock Friend

Hi elandigimedia !
    do you need use effect background keeping when scroll height navigation of Sanidine template ?

mfcphil Friend

to be able to change the backgrounds on Ja template would be a great addition

elandigimedia Friend

Hi Hain84,
    Yes if possible, I’d want to know how to adopt both the background change and keeping the background even when scrolling.
    Hope you can help out.

thanks!

Sherlock Friend

Hi elandigimedia !
    yes, you can do it following way below :
    Open index.php in templates/ folder, find <body> tag and change it to :

<body style="background-image: url(images/background/gaming.jpg);">

then in css file of template , you need put following property for <body> tag :

background-attachment:fixed;

elandigimedia Friend

Many thanks Hain84. How about being able to change or select the background images from the admin backend? How are those inputted on the template files?

Sherlock Friend

Hi elandigimedia !
    you want change background template in admin backend ! you do it following way below :
    Open index.php file in templates/ folder, find <body> tag and change it to :

<?php
    //populate background for body
    $bodybg = $tmpTools->getParam('ja_bodybg');
    if ($bodybg) {
    $bodybg = " style="background-image: url(".$tmpTools->templateurl()."/images/background/$bodybg);"";
    }
    ?>
    <body id="bd" class="<?php echo $tmpTools->getParam(JA_TOOL_LAYOUT);?> <?php echo $tmpTools->getParam(JA_TOOL_SCREEN);?> fs<?php echo $tmpTools->getParam(JA_TOOL_FONT);?>"<?php echo $bodybg;?> >

then you open ja_templatetools_1.5.php file and add following code line to top of that :

define ('JA_TOOL_BODY', 'ja_body');

continue , you open params.ini file , first remove read-only property of it , then add following code line to bottom of it :

ja_bodybg=gaming.jpg

last, you open templateDetails.xml file add following code section to bottom of list params in it :

<param name="ja_bodybg" type="filelist" default="" directory="templates/ja_sanidine/images/background" label="Body background" description="Background image for whole site" />

you put background image in templates//images/background folder

omojesu Friend

Is it possible to incorporate this code into the T3 Framework? I am sure most users will like to be able to switch the website background from the admin as needed. Also, how can one incorporate a slideshow type of background where the background can be set to auto-switch every # of seconds? I have seen this in some competitive templates/framework.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  omojesu 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum