Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have already created a website offline (localhost), I would like to zip all files and upload to my hosting, then extract them.

But, after I zipped them, when I want to extract them on my hosting, the hosting told me the file is not recognized.

May I know how should I zip the file (like joomla software) and I can extract them on my hosting?

Thanks!
    Kent

histeriks Friend

sfpkent;168102Hi,

I have already created a website offline (localhost), I would like to zip all files and upload to my hosting, then extract them.

But, after I zipped them, when I want to extract them on my hosting, the hosting told me the file is not recognized.

May I know how should I zip the file (like joomla software) and I can extract them on my hosting?

Thanks!
    Kent

What did you zip your files with?

I would suggest you to try using AkeebaBackup (or, as we all know it – JoomlaPack). This will solve all your problems with zipping, and it will also take care of unzipping, database backup/restore and recreating configuration file with your new parameters.

Once you create a backup with it from the Joomla backend, simply upload the archive on your new server, upload the kickstart script and start it by typing url leading to it in your browser. You’ll find the process very easy and it will probably become one of your must-install-by-default extensions.

Good luck 🙂

sfpkent Friend

<em>@histeriks 168106 wrote:</em><blockquote>What did you zip your files with?

I would suggest you to try using AkeebaBackup (or, as we all know it – JoomlaPack). This will solve all your problems with zipping, and it will also take care of unzipping, database backup/restore and recreating configuration file with your new parameters.

Once you create a backup with it from the Joomla backend, simply upload the archive on your new server, upload the kickstart script and start it by typing url leading to it in your browser. You’ll find the process very easy and it will probably become one of your must-install-by-default extensions.

Good luck :)</blockquote>

Thanks friend, I will try it. 🙂

itgl72 Friend

<em>@histeriks 168106 wrote:</em><blockquote>What did you zip your files with?

Good luck :)</blockquote>

Good advice. Keep up the good work, thanks given.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  itgl72 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum