Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I want to completely change my website by using joomla and Nuevo template. But until I’m done with the new website I don’t want to do any changes in my current website. That’s why I use xampp 5.5.27 (Apache 2.4.4 + MySQL 5.5.32 + PHP 5.5.27) in my local PC to develop the new website.
    The problem is that after a few changes to the nuevo template the website stops working normally. For example when I click on the menus, I don’t get any web page.
    Logically I have to use the ja_licensekey.txt somehow to prevent this. At this time I just copied this file to my “C:xampphtdocsJoomla_N2” folder, where Joomla_N2 is the name of my testing website.
    How will I do that?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Its hard to assume the problem without checking site . You can check the error you are getting after screenshot and provide me screenshot error with modification details .
    To Make a site Replica You can use Akeeba Backup , its easy tool to take site backup and install it on other domains or local system.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Its hard to assume the problem without checking site . You can check the error you are getting after screenshot and provide me screenshot error with modification details .
    To Make a site Replica You can use Akeeba Backup , its easy tool to take site backup and install it on other domains or local system.

4cad_topologia Friend

I attached 2 printscreens. The first one is the result I get when I click the “Contact” menu and the second one when I click “Service” from the “Bonus Pages” menu. But in general I get the same result after any click on the menu, except the Home and the Color menu. I have installed the demo samples and I just added the JA-Multilingual extension. When I installed them everything worked fine. When I did a few modifications (changing logo and deactivate a few features from the home page) everything worked fine too and after a few minutes without any changes from my side, the website’s menus stops working normally. This is not my first attempt to build this site. This is my third one and always I get this problem.
    I think that the problem is happening because I’m trying to build this website locally and not to a real web server and the license file is not working and it blocks my website somehow. As I mentioned I don’t want to build it on my web server right now, because I want to finish it locally first, before I publish it on the web.

4cad_topologia Friend

I attached 2 printscreens. The first one is the result I get when I click the “Contact” menu and the second one when I click “Service” from the “Bonus Pages” menu. But in general I get the same result after any click on the menu, except the Home and the Color menu. I have installed the demo samples and I just added the JA-Multilingual extension. When I installed them everything worked fine. When I did a few modifications (changing logo and deactivate a few features from the home page) everything worked fine too and after a few minutes without any changes from my side, the website’s menus stops working normally. This is not my first attempt to build this site. This is my third one and always I get this problem.
    I think that the problem is happening because I’m trying to build this website locally and not to a real web server and the license file is not working and it blocks my website somehow. As I mentioned I don’t want to build it on my web server right now, because I want to finish it locally first, before I publish it on the web.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The problem seems from template style assignment with menu .
    Please check the template style used for these menu items , Only homepage use feature intro template style and does not contains component block .
    Check the template style for Menu items that are not showing content.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The problem seems from template style assignment with menu .
    Please check the template style used for these menu items , Only homepage use feature intro template style and does not contains component block .
    Check the template style for Menu items that are not showing content.

4cad_topologia Friend

I think this is not the case. I just did my fourth installation (from scratch) and when I finished everything worked fine. When I deacitvated feature-intro-2 from my home page. The menu and all the options in my footer are showing the same results like the screenshots I posted before. The only changes I did to the standard installation were the following:
    – I installed all the additional modules and plugins of the nuevo template
    – Install the JA-Multiligual extension
    – I changed the logo image (Theme options)
    – I deactivated features-intro-1 and features-intro-2 (Layout options)
    When I did the last of the above changes, the menus at the top and at the footer stopped working.

4cad_topologia Friend

I think this is not the case. I just did my fourth installation (from scratch) and when I finished everything worked fine. When I deacitvated feature-intro-2 from my home page, the menu and all the options in my footer are showing the same results like the screenshots I posted before. The only changes I did to the standard installation were the following:
    – I installed all the additional modules and plugins of the nuevo template
    – Install the JA-Multiligual extension
    – I changed the logo image (Theme options)
    – I deactivated features-intro-1 and features-intro-2 (Layout options)
    When I did the last of the above changes, the menus at the top and at the footer stopped working.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Its pretty hard to help u out till site on local system . You need to make site live so i can check it .
    Home page using feature intro template style that have different layout then other pages ,
    So u need to use two template style one for homepage and one for other pages as default template .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Its pretty hard to help u out till site on local system . You need to make site live so i can check it .
    Home page using feature intro template style that have different layout then other pages ,
    So u need to use two template style one for homepage and one for other pages as default template .

4cad_topologia Friend

Hi,

I have my testing website live, but I haven’t changed the named servers yet that’s why If you wanna see it, you have to add the following to your hosts file (windows) :-[ :
    185.4.134.79 4cad.gr
    185.4.134.79 http://www.4cad.gr
    If you do that you will see the problem I’ facing.
    When I finished the installation (quickstart + JA_multilingual) everything worked fine. I did a few changes like the ones in my previous post (1. I changed the logo image (Theme options) 2. I deactivated features-intro-1 and features-intro-2 (Layout options)) and now I have the same problem again…

4cad_topologia Friend

Hi,

I have my testing website live, but I haven’t changed the named servers yet that’s why If you wanna see it, you have to add the following to your hosts file (windows) :-[ :
    185.4.134.79 4cad.gr
    185.4.134.79 http://www.4cad.gr
    If you do that you will see the problem I’ facing.
    When I finished the installation (quickstart + JA_multilingual) everything worked fine. I did a few changes like the ones in my previous post (1. I changed the logo image (Theme options) 2. I deactivated features-intro-1 and features-intro-2 (Layout options)) and now I have the same problem again…

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I am unable to check it , Kindly provide full access and send me admin details via PM . so i can take a look on it .
    <blockquote>I deactivated features-intro-1 and features-intro-2 (Layout options)) and now I have the same problem again.</blockquote>
    As i said Homepage use feature intro style and have different module position then default template style .
    You can check the module positions in the layout tab and publish module according to it.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I am unable to check it , Kindly provide full access and send me admin details via PM . so i can take a look on it .
    <blockquote>I deactivated features-intro-1 and features-intro-2 (Layout options)) and now I have the same problem again.</blockquote>
    As i said Homepage use feature intro style and have different module position then default template style .
    You can check the module positions in the layout tab and publish module according to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum