Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi There, in JA Nuevo, the JA Slideshow Lite width is set to 1180px wide. How can I set it to fullwidth so it’s responsive to the width of the browser like in many of your other templates?

Thank you in advance,
    D

TomC Moderator

So that we can try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on.

daynw Friend

Thanks Tom, can you perhaps give me your email address so I can message you personally. The site is offline so I need to give you login details…

TomC Moderator

<em>@daynw 467677 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks Tom, can you perhaps give me your email address so I can message you personally. The site is offline so I need to give you login details…</blockquote>

You can send me the info in a private message here on the forum

TomC Moderator

I created a new “custom.css” file for you – within file path: /templates/ja_nuervo/css/

Within that custom.css file I added the following:

.ja-slideshow .container {
    padding: 10px 10px 0 10px;
    width: auto;
    }

As explained HERE in our FAQ section

The question I now have is …. how large is the original image you’re currently using for your slideshow?

daynw Friend

Thanks so much Tom. I can make the image any size really, I just what it to completely cover the grey background so you just see the image….but i was planning on making the final images around 1900 x 740.

TomC Moderator

So did that do the trick?

daynw Friend

Hi Tom,

Yes and no. If the browser is is over 1260 pixels wide all look great thank you but drop below that and you can still see the grey background on the sides, I want the image to go the full with no matter what the width of the browser, just like the grey background does.

Also, I cannot get the off-canvas menu to show at all and I checked all the obvious things like menu “show on all pages”. so now when the screen drops below 1260px there is no menu at all. Any idea why it will not show? could it be the new CSS?

Thank you!:)

daynw Friend

Hi Tom,

Yes and no. If the browser is is over 1260 pixels wide all look great thank you but drop below that and you can still see the grey background on the sides, I want the image to go the full with no matter what the width of the browser, just like the grey background does.

Also, I cannot get the off-canvas menu to show at all and I checked all the obvious things like menu “show on all pages”. so now when the screen drops below 1260px there is no menu at all. Any idea why it will not show? could it be the new CSS?

Thank you!:)

Ninja Lead Moderator

@daynw: The mega menu on JA Nuevo template is working with fullwidth(large layout) that’s why you can see the menu will be auto changed to mobile menu if width less then 1280px.

But you can change this

+ Backup all css styles on your site first

+ Open templates/ja_nuevo/less/variables.less file

find and change

@grid-float-breakpoint: @screen-lg-min;

to

@grid-float-breakpoint: @screen-sm;

+ Once done to click compile LESS to CSS button backend site

1. Screen-Shot-2015-04-27-at-23.17.45
    daynw Friend

Thank you but I am happy to use the mobile menu when smaller 🙂

The issue with the full width banner is still a problem. When the browser is over approximitly 1330px the image is full width but any narrower and you can see the grey background on the sides where the previous and next arrows show.

How do I get it so the image is always the full width accross the browser no matter what the browser width is?

Thank you,
    D

Ninja Lead Moderator

In this case, I would like to check that directly on your site, please give me URL of your site and a screenshot of the problem. I will help you to find the solution.

Ninja Lead Moderator

In this case, I would like to check that directly on your site, please give me URL of your site and a screenshot of the problem. I will help you to find the solution.

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@daynw 470864 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you but I am happy to use the mobile menu when smaller 🙂

The issue with the full width banner is still a problem. When the browser is over approximitly 1330px the image is full width but any narrower and you can see the grey background on the sides where the previous and next arrows show.

How do I get it so the image is always the full width accross the browser no matter what the browser width is?

Thank you,
    D</blockquote>

You can sort it out with the solution below

Open templates/ja_nuevo/css/custom.css file and add new rule

@media screen and (max-width: 1350px) {
    padding-left: 0px;
    padding-right: 0px;
    }
    }

.ja-ss-btns .ja-ss-next {
    right: 0px;
    }

.ja-ss-btns .ja-ss-prev {
    left: 0px;
    }

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@daynw 470864 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you but I am happy to use the mobile menu when smaller 🙂

Thank you,
    D</blockquote>

You can sort it out with the solution below

Open templates/ja_nuevo/css/custom.css file and add new rule

@media screen and (max-width: 1350px) {
    padding-left: 0px;
    padding-right: 0px;
    }
    }

.ja-ss-btns .ja-ss-next {
    right: 0px;
    }

.ja-ss-btns .ja-ss-prev {
    left: 0px;
    }

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  daynw 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum