Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Could someone tell please, how can I modify the share button to use my own addthis codes and be able to insert short url ?

ps: Sorry for the error in trhead title but I can’t change it.

pavit Moderator

Hi

You will need to set an account on the addthis.com website and add your preferred icons and socials
    Then copy the result code inside the module

pb36 Friend

I’m talking about the share button in items of JA Magz

Sorry, I missed something but I don’t understand how it works and where to set it… :((

pavit Moderator

That button is added and enabled from the template manager — General Tab —

You can also customize it accessing your addthis page

1. Screenshot_2
    pb36 Friend

<em>@pavit 395062 wrote:</em><blockquote>You can also customize it accessing your addthis page</blockquote>
    That is what I don’t understand. Which addthis page?
    On addthis, they give a code. I have to set it on my site, but where ?
    I use addthis for a long time but here, I feel a bit stupid… :((

pavit Moderator

At the bottom of the share module you have the login button to the addthis.com

after logged in you will see a new button ” settings “

pb36 Friend

<em>@pavit 395069 wrote:</em><blockquote>At the bottom of the share module you have the login button to the addthis.com

after logged in you will see a new button ” settings “</blockquote>
    But this settings are for individual preferences of users when they visit websites, not for the website itself.

I’m starting to understand why I don’t understand. We are not talking about the same thing… :((

I’m looking for how to change settings of share button to set my own “pubid”, to send short urls, to choose addthis services, to get statistics of website, etc…

I guess that means that share button can’t be customized. So, I will use original Addthis plugin or JA Bookmark

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi pb36,

You should copy your addthis code and replace those default code in Social and Footer Social module.
    You should make sure you can enter script code there (set the editor to None in Global Configuration or remove ‘script’ tag in blacklist of the editor)

That’s all you can setting for addthis in JA Magz.

I do not know what you want to customize the share button.
    You can find these codes by search for ‘<!– AddThis Button BEGIN –>’ in templatesja_magzhtml folder. There are several places, I can not list all those here.
    (Use any text editor to search in that folder)

<!– AddThis Button BEGIN –>
    <?php if($tplparams->get(‘tpl_addthis_share’, 1)) : ?>
    <a class=”addthis_button_compact” addthis:url=”<?php echo JUri::getInstance()->toString(array(‘scheme’, ‘host’, ‘port’)) . $link ?>” addthis:title=”<?php echo htmlspecialchars($intro_title); ?>”> <?php echo JText::_(‘TPL_TEXT_SHARE’) ?> <i class=”icon-share”></i></a>
    <?php endif ?>
    <!– AddThis Button END –>

Regards

pb36 Friend

Hi Wall Crasher,

That’s what I was looking for and I don’t know why I didn’t find it.
    What I wanted the most was to be able to use sh404sef short url with Twitter.

I replaced

<a class=”addthis_button_compact” addthis:url=”<?php echo JUri::getInstance()->toString(array(‘scheme’, ‘host’, ‘port’)) . $link ?>” addthis:title=”<?php echo htmlspecialchars($intro_title); ?>”> <?php echo JText::_(‘TPL_TEXT_SHARE’) ?> <i class=”icon-share”></i></a>

with

<a class=”addthis_button_compact” addthis:url=”http://mysite.com/{sh404sef_shurl}” addthis:title=”<?php echo $this->escape($this->item->title) ?>”> <?php echo JText::_(‘TPL_TEXT_SHARE’) ?> <i class=”icon-share”></i></a>

and it works perfectly

zere1986 Friend

Hi all expert,

Im having some problem for the addthis integration too, i have already enabled this option at template (set addthis integration to YES), but on my article page, the addthis is not showing the social icons and login etc even i mouse over or click it, it is like they doesnt exist. What am i missing here?

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi zere1986,

<blockquote>You should copy your addthis code and replace those default code in Social and Footer Social module.
    You should make sure you can enter script code there (set the editor to None in Global Configuration or remove ‘script’ tag in blacklist of the editor)</blockquote>

Please try this.

If you still have problem, please pm me your site login information.

Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum