Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi there, I’m currently creating the menu items for my new websites and have been playing around with the images in the menu. I would like to link one of the images within the menu to an article, so it would be like a menu item but just look quite snazzy. We could do this on Joomla 1.5 in other templates so just wondering if I can do it on here. I’m using 3.3 and on Purity III. Here is the screenshot, cheers.

http://i.imgur.com/2twEgWP.png

1. 2twEgWP
    swissa Friend

If you are using a custom-html module for the image then just assign it a link within module manager. If you use JCE editor then it’s quick and easy to do by choosing from a drop down – if you don’t then you can just input the real url.

Hope that helps

stjohnpatrick Friend

Hi swissa, thanks for the quick reply.

I have already linked the image within the custom html however when it is in the megamenu it does not link to the article. I was wondering if it could link to the article in the megamenu.

Here is the link to the website(just testing the template at the moment :))
    http://www.datacentrepowermag.com/dev/EC/

swissa Friend

I don’t see a link (no href) on the image.

Check back in module manager that there is actually a link set for the image. I use JCE editor – see the chain link symbols highlighted?

If the link exists then it should look like this

Remember that you have to save in mega-menu and also then go back into template manager and save there too.

1. no-link
    2. linked
    3. html
    stjohnpatrick Friend

This is a test site ^^
    And I’m a massive doofus. Really confused at how I did this twice and it didn’t work. I do it again and wollah…. >.<

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@stjohnpatrick 434181 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is a test site ^^
    And I’m a massive doofus. Really confused at how I did this twice and it didn’t work. I do it again and wollah…. >.<</blockquote>
    Hello @stjohnpatrick
    is your issue is solved .
    as i can see on your site the image in the menu is hyper linked to an article .
    >>

1. Screenshot_2
    alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

What’s wrong with opening up your menu item for editing -> tab “Link Type” -> parameter “Link Image” -> “Select Image” -> selecting your custom image -> parameter “Add Menu Title” -> “No” (if you don’t want to display the menu item title in your main menu) -> Save:

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Alex

1. image_instead_of_menu_item_title
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  alexsmirnov 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum