Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi
    For some reason I can’t see the frontpage edit button when I log into the frontend.
    When I use a default editor it shows. And if I switch template go into edit mode for an article and change back/update to Rasite I can edit the article there, so it works, it’s just that I can’t see the button I think.
    Any suggestions?
    Regards
    /Z

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Can you provide us with a link to your installation, in order to be able to see and debug the problem and try to provide you the proper solution?

Regards

Manos

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I guess you can see the edit icon now! i have made necessary changes to your settings ( it was hidden from article settings )

Regards

Manos

zentering Friend

I still can’t see the icon?
    tried in both explorer and firefox…
    /Z

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Now i am confused, you have send me an email so to explain to you how i fixed the error and i can see here on the forums that you still can’t see the icon ?

Can you please clarify this ?
    I just visited your site and i can see the edit icon you can check on the image attached.

1. edit-icon
    zentering Friend

Hi
    I answered you mail too soon, when I after that entered the site I saw it didn’t work that’s why you got two messeges… sry.
    I can see that it works for the articles now, but our mainmenus link to categorys and we like the edit button to show there aswell… isn’t that possible?

like you see in the pic… I click an menu and no icon is showning up at the category article there…

1. screendump
    Manos Moderator

Hi,

Can you please show me a link were you want the edit icon to be enabled so i can check and reply back to you?

Regards

Manos

zentering Friend
    Manos Moderator

Hi,

I am afraid that in J.1.7.x this is not possible, but you can also try this from administrator/index.php?option=com_content and then click on right top buttons and “play” with the settings on “Options” .

But as far as i know, you can only edit an article. Perhaps you could hack a core file ( or create an overwrite for that ) and add some php code in order to add the edit button on category layout.

Regards

Manos

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Manos 12 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum