Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I’m new here, and also quite new to Joomla. I’ve been an old school web developer for 10 years, not that great but I’ve also muddled through 🙂 I decided to switch to joomla and for the past few weeks been playing around, doing tutorials etc and I’m so impressed, and when I wanted a template, all roads seemed to lead to Purity iii! So powerful, I just need to get myself trained up.

Now I’ve hit a wall. I created a new site and used the purity portfolio layout. I created my portfolio style, my categories and my menu items, all linked to the portfolio layout/style I created. I created a few test articles and for my home menu, I set the menu item type of xLayout portfolio, and set the category to display. For some reason, the home page wont display these items. The category has a few subcategories, and these articles are on one of these sub categories. If I set the menu item category to said sub category then the articles display,but not if I set it as parent category. If I switch to magazine then sub categories display.

Any help appreciated. My url if it helps is http://thewebsitez.com/shop/index.php and the sub catagory which has a few articles in is Stylish Home.

Thanks guys

Adam M Moderator

Hi @gavinsims,

Did you try to read our documentation for this part here ?

gavinsims Friend

Thanks, I did yes. I had to backwards develop to get it to work though, I installed using quickstart so I had all template styles and worked my way backwards 🙂 Thanks mate.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @gavinsims,

Glad to hear that you figured it out and your problem has been solved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum