Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

<blockquote>9. Tips & Tricks

To have best presentation like JA iris demo, you have to config content item not show on frontpage by these steps:
    In administrator area, go to Menu~Mainmenu and click to Home
    In right zone, you will see Headline, Intro, Link set all of them to 0 to invisible all content in frontpage.

And create your customs module, publish them in user1, user2, user5 modules.</blockquote>

I don’t see <blockquote>Headline, Intro, Link </blockquote> and if you do make the frontpage content invisible, how do you display content in its place?

http://www.diamond-yachtclub.co.uk

kallan Friend

Make sure you have gone to menu manager – the menu that home is published on (probably Mainmenu)
    Click on the link to edit the properties of the Home menu item and look at the Right Hand Side of the properties. It is in this area you will see Headline, Intro and Link.

The idea is that you have modules displaying on the front page that are displaying content rather than using the default frontpage component.

Cheers
    Kiwidesign

geti Friend

But if you publish a module in user 1,2 or 5 it doesn’t display in the original frontpage position does it?

I don’t see a module position there when I view inline with positions.

kallan Friend

I just tried it myself – bit odd hopefully one of the designers / more knowledgeable people around will clarify this but – I don’t think you want to do what the tip says – I think that may have come from another template. If you publish modules to positions 1,2 or 5 and leave the home page settings as they were (as long as its set to one column not 2) you will get the same look as on the demo.

Cheers
    Kiwidesign

geti Friend

Hi Kallan,

Thanks for the reply, I have something showing now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  geti 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum