Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

My sister and I are working on a new site for a customer. She breeds and sells English Bulldogs. She is a very classy lady so we were looking to use this template. It fits her perfectly. (by the way, thanks for the template)

While talking with her, she wants the pages to be blue for the male dogs and pink for female. My question is……..

Can I make this happen? Can you use different colors per article? I mean ……..Can you change the color scheme of the template per article like you can change module style in the parameters?

This question is actually for any template. I just do not know if it can be done without having two separate uploads of Joomla on the same site. I thought about using two different databases for male and female but I did not want to have to go between control panels for each one just to upload the information.

Thanks in advance even if it is impossible!

Menalto Friend

One way easy for you is:
    Rename and assign a template that is made blue or to reflect the site visiting male to the male links you have.
    If you look at a template other than the one you have default, it it a option for that in the template parameters on left side.

jwellman Friend

<em>@Menalto 73432 wrote:</em><blockquote>One way easy for you is:
    Rename and assign a template that is made blue or to reflect the site visiting male to the male links you have.
    If you look at a template other than the one you have default, it it a option for that in the template parameters on left side.</blockquote>

Thanks for the response. That did not really answer my question but I don’t think I asked the questions correctly! Let me try again.

I have the blue design complete Screen Shot of the blue background

I am working on the pink design now Screen Shot of pink background

I know that there is a place in the menu sections to call upon a specific css file. Screen shot of back-end.

Do I need to specify the exact location of the css file where the arrow is? I have tried several ways including copy the exact address of the new css file that I want to use but have not been able to get it to pull another css other than that of the template that I have chosen in the template manager. Does this make sense? :confused:

Menalto Friend

The page class suffix is just for the mainbody area, and not for other parts of the template, so i think it wont work unless you just want the changes in the mainbody area?
    So to help you out better, can you put togheter a image viewing the full site on how you have had it in mind?

jwellman Friend

As soon as I get the pink graphics complete, I will most certainly do that………Thanks Again!

Menalto Friend

Good, if you post it here jsut give me a reminder about it.

questbg Friend

<em>@jwellman 73674 wrote:</em><blockquote>As soon as I get the pink graphics complete, I will most certainly do that………Thanks Again!</blockquote>

Come on Jess! I can’t wait to see this. You have me totally intrigued by the idea and the eventual implementation!

Me. No idea how to achieve this, but I really hope you do!

@ Menalto … come on my friend, this should be easy for you 😀

Cheers
    Chris

jwellman Friend

LOL! Well I just did a fu-bar! >:(

I put the design in another folder to grant access to the different design! When I installed it I used the same database. It erased all of my articles that I had already put up! 😮

Well it is actually working even though I must put the articles back! I will let you see when I get if I get it done today! All the graphics are complete. I just need to put the data back and link the menus to the correct designs for the articles. I am excited that it is working! 😎

questbg Friend

<em>@jwellman 73689 wrote:</em><blockquote>LOL! Well I just did a fu-bar! >:(
    </blockquote>

Ooops. Sorry Jess. Hope I didn’t push you into it with my excitement! 😀

Hope you can fix it and give us something to look at!

jwellman Friend

I am having troubles with the menu items and getting them to point where I want them to point. :((

I think it is because I am using the same database! When you put something in one admin it puts it in both designs which is pretty cool that way I do not have to do everything twice but I don’t want it to do that all the time! :((

I will keep working………I know I will figure it out!

mj1256 Friend

I’ve been thinking how I would do this

it would take 3 versions of the template

make 2 clones of the template and use the original
    make one clone blue, the other pink (replacing the graphics and color schemes in the css’s)
    use one database
    make pink and blue sections and categories
    make menu items for pink and blue
    assign the blue template to the blue menu items
    assign the pink template to the pink menu items

create a css class for blue and another for pinks for the moduals
    create a css class for blue and another for pinks for the article content

done?

TomC Moderator

Sounds like some very exciting customization you are working on, Jessica – keep up the great work !!

jwellman Friend

Thank You!

My thoughts exactly……..well not exactly! 🙂

But I got it to work!!!!!!!!!! 😀 :laugh: 😀 :laugh:

I am having a ball!!!!!! When I am done, I will try to explain. I was hoping there would be an easy answer to the problem but there wasn’t. :(( I will get back ASAP!

jwellman Friend

By the way!

We are done! I have to put some content in the articles but the design is done! 😀

I will put the link up as soon as I get it done and register it!

questbg Friend

<em>@jwellman 74103 wrote:</em><blockquote>I will put the link up as soon as I get it done and register it!</blockquote>

Now now girls, that’s just teasing! 😉

Give me that link! 😀

(plus of course an explanation of how you managed it!)

Looking forward to seeing the site.
    Chris

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  missyw 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum