Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I really can’t understand why is necessary to have all those styles. Is it possible to show all positions in only one style so any module will be showing in the site?

TomC Moderator

<em>@yenssen 486940 wrote:</em><blockquote>I really can’t understand why is necessary to have all those styles. Is it possible to show all positions in only one style so any module will be showing in the site?</blockquote>

Not entirely understanding the issue you’re describing – can you clarify and/or be a bit more specific?

TomC Moderator

<em>@yenssen 486940 wrote:</em><blockquote>I really can’t understand why is necessary to have all those styles. Is it possible to show all positions in only one style so any module will be showing in the site?</blockquote>

Not entirely understanding the issue you’re describing – can you clarify and/or be a bit more specific?

yenssen Friend

Yes, thank you Tom I will try to explain better, but english is not my native language. I hope to be enough clear 🙂

I installed the quickstart Uber theme and selected the corporate theme in the installation. As I am not familiar with the T3 framework functions, I was filling the info of my site opening and editing articles already created for the demo site. The problem started when I wanted to add new modules in my site, I noticed that sometimes the modules were showing and sometimes not, even if in the module “menu assignment” tab were configured as “on all pages”

So I read the documentation and I guess that the problem is that some menu items are assigned into different uber style who has the position enabled (and the modules are showing) and in others disabled (so the modules are not showing).

So, as I want the modules to show in all pages in my site, I tried to assign all the menu items into the uber-corporate-default style.

But now is worst because some of the demo modules that were already showing are disappeared and some info that was not before in the site is showing.

This is the first time this happened to me using a Joomla template, I think my site is simple and I don’t think to need more than one style so I want to remove all the extra styles and leave only the uber-corporate-default style, but I am afraid to make it worst deleting the styles before asking here for advice. And also I am not sure that deleting the styles will fix my problem with the missing modules on some pages.

I hope is clearer now, thank you very much

yenssen Friend

Yes, thank you Tom I will try to explain better, but english is not my native language. I hope to be enough clear 🙂

I installed the quickstart Uber theme and selected the corporate theme in the installation. As I am not familiar with the T3 framework functions, I was filling the info of my site opening and editing articles already created for the demo site. The problem started when I wanted to add new modules in my site, I noticed that sometimes the modules were showing and sometimes not, even if in the module “menu assignment” tab were configured as “on all pages”

So I read the documentation and I guess that the problem is that some menu items are assigned into different uber style who has the position enabled (and the modules are showing) and in others disabled (so the modules are not showing).

So, as I want the modules to show in all pages in my site, I tried to assign all the menu items into the uber-corporate-default style.

But now is worst because some of the demo modules that were already showing are disappeared and some info that was not before in the site is showing.

This is the first time this happened to me using a Joomla template, I think my site is simple and I don’t think to need more than one style so I want to remove all the extra styles and leave only the uber-corporate-default style, but I am afraid to make it worst deleting the styles before asking here for advice. And also I am not sure that deleting the styles will fix my problem with the missing modules on some pages.

I hope is clearer now, thank you very much

Saguaros Moderator

You need to access setting a bit deeper in template manager, after checking the menu assignment section, please also check the ‘Layout’ tab and see which layout you’re using. It also lists all available positions for each layout and you can simply select your desired layout.

For example, we often provide 2 layouts for each Uber theme: one for Home and another is ‘Default’ layout, the ‘home’ layout will have some specific positions due to the concept of template. While the ‘default’ layout includes almost of positions.

Hope this helps you something.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yenssen 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum