Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I know that Joomla comes with a standard user registration system. Most of the time you will just have Name | Username | Password | Email. I have been to Joomla extensions and I was not impressed with what I found there.

I am looking for something better and more secure which will also hold more users and attractive to users to register.

Please suggest me something you have liked (except that of Joomla)

Thank you in advnace.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@ukfraternite 121535 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I know that Joomla comes with a standard user registration system. Most of the time you will just have Name | Username | Password | Email. I have been to Joomla extensions and I was not impressed with what I found there.

I am looking for something better and more secure which will also hold more users and attractive to users to register.

Please suggest me something you have liked (except that of Joomla)

Thank you in advnace.</blockquote>

Have you tried Community Builder?? http://www.joomlapolis.com, its free, GPL and widely used, i use it for all my sites requiring community site features, the registration process is very flexible with options to add additional features ranging from drop down options, captcha, image upload, ajax based username and email verification. PMS, forum integration blah blah blah.
    It also have a separate extension directory in the Joomla Extensions.

I recommend community builder, the usage manual is for subscribed users only, but its worth paying the $ 20 for one year. The forum is rich and you may find answer to most of your questions there.

Give it a try,

TomC Moderator

You also might want to consider JoomSuite.com’s “JUser” component

questbg Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 121568 wrote:</em><blockquote>You also might want to consider JoomSuite.com’s “JUser” component</blockquote>

I’ve been using that for a few months now and it’s a really useful component as tcraw says. I’ve added lots of extra fields to my registration form and it also has built in Captcha security.

You can try it free for a month, details here:

http://joomsuite.com/index.php?option=com_resource&view=article&article=17&Itemid=13

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@questbg 121692 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve been using that for a few months now and it’s a really useful component as tcraw says. I’ve added lots of extra fields to my registration form and it also has built in Captcha security.

You can try it free for a month, details here:

http://joomsuite.com/index.php?option=com_resource&view=article&article=17&Itemid=13</blockquote>

Thanks for the info. Will check it out, but its just for additional fields in registration process right? can be integrated with CB? or it needs another component from joomsuite.com?

ukfraternite Friend

JoomSuite.com’s “JUser” component looks interesting. I will give it a try.

As for CB, I don’t know exactly why I am really keen in using it. It looks like many people have been using it and are satisfied.

Always having second thought abt it.:rolleyes:

Thank you for your contribs.

More suggestions are always WELCOME!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ukfraternite 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum