Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I want to remove the left and right margin in the onepage template so that the slideshow lite module I put instead of the original hero at the top of the template ocuppies 100% of the screen. Now there is a little left margin in white on the left and on the right. It is some kind of parameter affecting the whole template. This is specially bad on Macs with big screens and in Ipads.

Can you tell me how to do this? How to remove the margin on the left and on the right? templatewide? Not just the hero unit! I guess is some change in the css….

Thank you

This is To Be, there is no left or right margin, the pic occupies the whole screen :

This is As Is with windows and chrome browser you can see there is white on the left and on the right

This is As Is with Mac Safari browser

TomC Moderator

It would be most helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on,
    as well as temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “Off/No” within your Template Manager–General settings

TomC Moderator

It would be most helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on,
    as well as temporarily set “Optimize CSS” to “Off/No” within your Template Manager–General settings

catalansurfer Friend

The website’s url is http://www.maldivessurftravel.com, I don’t know how to set the Optimize CSS to Off, need more elaborate explanation

catalansurfer Friend

The website’s url is http://www.maldivessurftravel.com, I don’t know how to set the Optimize CSS to Off, need more elaborate explanation

TomC Moderator

<em>@catalansurfer 497427 wrote:</em><blockquote>The website’s url is http://www.maldivessurftravel.com, I don’t know how to set the Optimize CSS to Off, need more elaborate explanation</blockquote>

Open your Template Manager . . . click open the JA Onepage template . . . click the “General” tab . . . near the bottom, set “Optimize CSS” to “No/Off” … save changes

TomC Moderator

<em>@catalansurfer 497427 wrote:</em><blockquote>The website’s url is http://www.maldivessurftravel.com, I don’t know how to set the Optimize CSS to Off, need more elaborate explanation</blockquote>

Open your Template Manager . . . click open the JA Onepage template . . . click the “General” tab . . . near the bottom, set “Optimize CSS” to “No/Off” … save changes

catalansurfer Friend

Ok I managed to do it both for ja onepage default and ja onepage home

catalansurfer Friend

Ok I managed to do it both for ja onepage default and ja onepage home

catalansurfer Friend

If I increase the width of the container from 1242 to 1263 px, I seem to get a full screen without margins, problem is it does it for all sections not just for hero unit, which is a problem, as the margin is needed when there is text like in the following section (introducing). I think the fix must be to write some css rule affecting only the hero unit, but still what about Mac and Ipad?

catalansurfer Friend

If I increase the width of the container from 1242 to 1263 px, I seem to get a full screen without margins, problem is it does it for all sections not just for hero unit, which is a problem, as the margin is needed when there is text like in the following section (introducing). I think the fix must be to write some css rule affecting only the hero unit, but still what about Mac and Ipad?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @catalansurfer,

Try open file /templates/ja_onepage/css/custom.css, add this code and let me know if it’s what you want :

#hero_unit_ .container {
    width: auto;
    }

Adam M Moderator

Hi @catalansurfer,

Try open file /templates/ja_onepage/css/custom.css, add this code and let me know if it’s what you want :

#hero_unit_ .container {
    width: auto;
    }

catalansurfer Friend

Thank you Adam, it works perfect!!!

catalansurfer Friend

Thank you Adam, it works perfect!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  catalansurfer 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum