Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

i inserted a button (Read on) on my frontpage (By the way – how do i add it in the other content views?).
    Now i asserted that in IE8 the button is getting very long, and I dont know why…

in the attachment you’ll find printscreens from Firefox 3.5 (look of what it should be) and IE 8

hope you can give me some advice 😉

regards,
    streezer

//edit – the footer is also some kind of different in the IE8 – see printscreens – hope you can give me some advice

1. ff3-5
    2. iex8
    3. footer-ie8
    4. footer-FF3-5
    mfcphil Friend

Here is the usual IE8 answer

go to your index php file and find the following

<!–>
    <style type=”text/css”>
    .clearfix {display: inline-block;}
    </style>
    <!–>

and change to:

<!–>
    <style type=”text/css”>
    .clearfix {display: block;}
    </style>
    <!–>

OR

It is a compatibility issue

You need to paste code into the first line of the <head> of your index.php file

<meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=7″ />

streezer Friend

thank you for help…

your first suggestion failed… it didnt change anything of the button style…
    your second suggestion didn’t help either… the content was streched – and so did the button

you meant the index.php in my template right? not the main index.php?

mfcphil Friend

public_html/templates/your_template/index.php

have you submitted a support ticket for help?

http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit

mfcphil Friend

streezer sure i did – but they don’t answer me since last week 🙁

Phil do you see the compatability button when you view your site in IE8?

streezer sorry – i dont know where this button should be – i’m not a IE user 😉 i just want that my page looks good in IE as it does in Firefox

Phil you confused me with that statement….I thought this thread was about IE8 fixes….could you pm me a link to your site or put a link on here so I can see if the compat button is visible…..if it is it means you had not put the code in the correct place, I would just like to check 😉

streezer hmmm yeah maybe you understood my problem not right… i try to fix diverse problems – and i got about 3 – but 2 are IE8 problems (design /view problems)

my website is – http://www.swisssoldiersclan.ch

you can try to reproduce my problems by just viewing it with firefox 3.5 and IE8 at the same time and compare it….

regards,
    streezer

Phil well this is odd….the compat code is not in the correct place (first line in the <head> of your index.php) because the compat button is visible in IE8….it dissapears when the code is correctly installed.

When pressed the problem you mention are fixed but you then get another error…..the text gets stretched…..I will take an image to show you

mfcphil Friend

footer

new problem

1. Untitled-1
    2. Untitled-2
    mfcphil Friend

streezer hmmm – strange… do you know, how could i fix this?

//edit – i look in my IE8 again – it looks totally different than your printscreen (see mine on first post) – very strange xD

Phil not the second problem….but the view is because the compatability button is pressed, fixing your footer error

streezer hmmm thats pretty annoying…

and what’s with the button, and the content that floats over the border? what should i do about that`? :s

Phil Pretty sure JA are working on IE8 fixes all the time…..make sure you have the latest version of the template running as they may have already fixed your issue.

streezer yes i do have the recent version of the template … its still the first (1.0) 🙁 is the advancement on this template still active?

mfcphil Friend

Ah cant really speak for the developers on that….I do know that all 1.5 templates are supossed to have been updated: see this thread http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/all-templates-updated-to-joomla-1-5-10-bug-fixes-for-official-ie8/

But I don’t know if that means only the 1.5 have been updated to IE8 standards….I don’t think they would make fixes for a defunct product….1.0 not getting made by anyone anymore……maybe upgrading to 1.5 would fix all your issues.

To be honest I am not 100% sure the compat code is meant for 1.0 :confused:

streezer Friend

with 1.0 i meant the version of the template – not the joomla core version… i got joomla core version 1.5.12…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  streezer 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum