Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi-

Is it only me or is IE 7 having difficulty rendering the transparent backs of the new modules? You will see there are lines missing, the tabs are missing and their are strange gradients.

I am running IE ver. 7.0.5730.13 on Win XP SP3. I tried local both JoomlaPC and XAMPP and obviously my server.

Here is the site.

http://theoutsidermag.com

Thanks Peter

Anonymous Moderator

Dear petermatra,

We have updated new version.

Please download again.

Peter Matra Friend

OK I still don’t see it fixed and I checked it on a Vista IE 7 browser and mine looked fine. Remember I am running XP SP3- everything went haywire when I switched- DON”T DO IT!

I can try to reinstall IE 7 but I can see that taking an hour with a headache.

If anyone else gets this problem I am interested. I have included a screenshot of it that I add a ton of contrast to make it more visible.

Peter

1. IE-display-issue
    Anonymous Moderator

Dear petermatra,

We have tried to check your issue but could find it.
    Maybe this issue was exist on your website or browser.

Please check your website on other computer with IE7 and XP SP3 too.

Peter Matra Friend

PROBLEM SOLVED!

OK everyone -I appreciate all of your help. You are not going to believe this but it came in a dream last night.

I have been running something called MultipleIEs or something and I realized that could now conflict with the most recent Version of IE 7. So I got rid MultipleIEs, then I uninstalled IE 7. I went to Microsoft and they have the Virtual Versions for developers. I recommend them, they seem to work so far and I have no CSS or transparency issues.

THANKS ALL
    Pete
    😀

vpitetti Friend

Im using IE 7 on Vista and when I view your site I see the transparency issues. Heres a screen of what it looks like on IE7 a few minutes ago: http://fotm.us/gw/image1.jpg. Did you say you fixed the issue already? Id like to use this templae but want to make sure it looks normal in IE before I do.

Peter Matra Friend

You are god send. It is not just my browser… It’s funny how on some IE7 browsers it looks perfectly fine and others not. hmm… I wonder if there is an answer out there.

I can try replacing the transparent images/box/bubbuble and look around at the CSS as I have tweaked it quite a bit, but I don’t think I touched it so it would do this.

I will do a little more research. My uninstall of IE7 and repairing didn’t help.
    I’ll be back
    Peter

vpitetti Friend

<em>@petermatra 92546 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s funny how on some IE7 browsers it looks perfectly fine and others not.</blockquote>

Yes it is, I have 3 computers here running IE7 all on Vista. On two of the computers I see the transparency error and on the third computer it appears fine.

Peter Matra Friend

Well aparently there are two different types of Internet Explorer 7’s. IE7 for XP and IE7+

I think this is the issue….I have tried many fixes…anyone else know about this?
    P

mj1256 Friend

Microsoft now says the two different versions of IE7 will be called:
    For Windows XP: “Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP”
    For Windows Vista: “Windows Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vista”
    http://apcmag.com/microsoft_dumps_unpopular_ie7.htm

IE7+ was discontinued. But it should not have changed the way IE7 worked or rendered websites, it was just two versions, one for each oprating system.

Peter Matra Friend

Well, I am giving up on this template. It is not worth it if there are even several people out there that cannot get it to render it properly. I’m redesigning Sanidine II and put the JA_highslide mod into it from Uvite.
    p

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Matra 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum