Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

http://www.jwntest.com/jwnevents/enforum/

Right now I am having some issues with the above website displaying incorrectly in IE.
    The three things that, I know of, that it is displaying incorrectly is the slideshow, the content not centered, and the horizontal list with the three circles under “latest updates” are not showing.

I am not sure how I can correct these, since I am not sure what I would have done in the first place to make these not work…

Also I was hoping to change one of the divs the menu div is in to say div id=”main clearfix” instead of div id=”main” so the white transparent background will go across this. Unless anyone has a better suggestion to doing it this way.

Any assistance with these issues would be helpful.

1. Screen-shot-2013-01-08-at-4.36.49-PM
    2. image001
    3. image002
    4. image003
    Stork11 Friend

Hello webjwn,

You made a lot of custom works on this template. Can you tell me which files you made changes on? It’ll help me diagnose the problem quicker.

Regards.

webjwn Friend

I added a module position, but other then that it is mostly CSS work… I believe that should be all, other then changing images.

We made a new theme so I don’t edit the main source but I have attached a screen shot of all the .css files I have in my theme that I would have changed.

1. Screen-shot-2013-01-10-at-9.56.27-AM
    Stork11 Friend

Hello webjwn,

Did you mean you change all the .css files? I’m afraid that I can’t support this case because a huge of changes was made on original product.

Regards.

webjwn Friend

I got the horizontal list with the three circles under “latest updates” to show in IE, but I am still having issues with the slide show and the website not centering.

Stork11 Friend

Hello webjwn,

Please try to set “Linked files” for “Optimize CSS” setting in JA Zite Template Manager because as Microsoft MSDN, IE can’t load a lot of stylesheet file http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/thread/ad1b6e88-bbfa-4cc4-9e95-3889b82a7c1d/

Regards.

webjwn Friend

Thank you, this has fixed the website centering issue I had in IE, but the slideshow still isn’t displaying correctly in IE 7&8, unless I am wrong but I thought this theme supported back to IE7. It looks like it is something that I can fix by adjusting my CSS, but I was hopping that it was not necessary to do this for just IE 7&8.

Stork11 Friend

Hello webjwn,

According to our announcement last year, we do not support IE7 any more. You can check blog post here http://www.joomlart.com/blog/news-updates/joomlart-to-stops-ie7-support-wef-from-1st-august-2012

Feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards.

webjwn Friend

Thank you, I will not worry about IE7, but what about IE8? I still cannot get the slideshow to display correctly in it.

Stork11 Friend

Hello webjwn,

Here is my IE8 screenshot. As you see, there is no problem with slideshow on IE8.

Please check and confirm the same.

Regards.

1. Untitled
    webjwn Friend

It is displaying much better now, the images are lining up within the black background slide now. It just seems to be the two speaker slides have to much information maybe. I will just make our marketing adjust the line to be a little less lengthy. Thank you for your assistance! The linking of the CSS files really fixed it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  webjwn 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum