Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’ve not changed any basic code of whatsoever but suddenly i’m experiencing problems with menu items which are opening using the iframe wrapper. Instead of opening a new (popup window) with a larger width after installation i’m facing with the fact that it is opening a very small popup window like it it opening on a mobile device

Instead of this which did after installation but now not anymore. What do I have toch to get it right again?

1. iframe
    2. iframe2
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Did you experience the same issue with default template of Joomla? Pls try to switch default template – Purity III to another standard template of Joomla to check this.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Did you experience the same issue with default template of Joomla? Pls try to switch default template – Purity III to another standard template of Joomla to check this.

mvdgeugten Friend

:-[
    It seems to be local on my device. So I need to change my question. How and where do i need to change the code for adjusting the defatult (fixed) width and height of the iframe (popup) of the T3 wrapper.

mvdgeugten Friend

UPDATE:
    Furthermore i’ve deinstalled Chrome completely and started a fresh inatall of Google chrome.
    But with IE 10 the iframe wrapper open a popup window with a correct format but on Google chrome it is still a small window. Even when I’m using another standard template like protostar default

mvdgeugten Friend

UPDATE:

Seems to me it’s again a problem of Google chrome itself.
    With version 40.0.2214.93 it is working perfectly and the pop windows is correctly sized but
    with the newer version 42.0.2311.90 the popup window is only half the size in width.

In the past these kind of problems happend before after i searched for it on the internet. But is there a way to beat this problem in the framework itself by hardcoding parameters for the width and height when using an iframe with the t3.wrapper when you want to open it in a new window (popup)

I thinkt this must be possible but I have no clue where I would have to make these kind of adjustements. Can this be done in a css file or need it to be done in a php file.

Could you assist please?.

Saguaros Moderator

I think it will depend on the extension you use to have that popup, kindly check its settings whether they have options to configure the popup window or not.

mvdgeugten Friend

It’s no extension. it’s the default option of purity iii itself. It calls the t3 iframe wrapper to open in a new window with of without menu. Maybe this wrapper does not intend to create a real popup but in that case the default positioning of the window is wrong by default so that it only looks like it is in popup mode but should be opened on position (0,0). Does purity iii has an option to open a link in a real popup mode?

It would be nice if you could call a function someting like this

<a href="javascript:w0=self;w=w0.open('http://atc.3d-game.com/osticket/scp','Title','resizable=0,location=0,status=0,scrollbars=1,width=1280,height=800,screenX=200,screenY=150,left=200,top=150');w.back();">Ticket System Staff</a>

But what we would need is an update of the wrapper where we cwould be able to choose for (non modal) popup window as target. And we need to be able to enter parameters for width and heigth.
    But i don’t have the skill for making sucha adjustment

1. p3def
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Actually, this is a default menu item of Joomla ‘Iframe Wrapper’, not a specific type of Purity template. If you try with default template, you will see that, this page will show that iframe in content section of your site.

In case that you want to show in a popup, you will need an extension which supports this feature.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Actually, this is a default menu item of Joomla ‘Iframe Wrapper’, not a specific type of Purity template. If you try with default template, you will see that, this page will show that iframe in content section of your site.

In case that you want to show in a popup, you will need an extension which supports this feature.

mvdgeugten Friend

Oh ok. The iframe wrapper but also the external url (system link) is using the old way of opening a new window. If a new window without menu is selected then it will use the window.open function and thus it opens in fact a popup. The only thing that is missing in this situation is the option to add the height and with. So an extension is not the solution since most of them are Modal. JCE Mediabox is supporting the feauture but only if you create a link using an article. So there is no way to open it from the menu. So this is a lack in Joomla3 core option.
    Ok thanks for your time. Will have to look for another CMS.

mvdgeugten Friend

Oh ok. The iframe wrapper but also the external url (system link) is using the old way of opening a new window. If a new window without menu is selected then it will use the window.open function and thus it opens in fact a popup. The only thing that is missing in this situation is the option to add the height and with. So an extension is not the solution since most of them are Modal. JCE Mediabox is supporting the feauture but only if you create a link using an article. So there is no way to open it from the menu. So this is a lack in Joomla3 core option.
    Ok thanks for your time. Will have to look for another CMS.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mvdgeugten 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum