Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi folks,

(please note: you’ll have to pass the 2 layer logins when you are trying to login to the backend, copy and paste the password if it does not work for you)

I am having an issue with this template or the framework.

Descriptions:

1. Module manager->Module: Oilsands Business Features
    moduel type: ja_acm
    access: public

2. example article title: Suppliers Under the Squeeze
    article access: Subscriber
    It has a intro image which is displayed with the article intro text on Front

3. See the attachment for the front:

Issue: even though the article is behind the paywall (only to special user ‘subscriber’ and you can click on the login button to see the full content, but the link to the image brings you to the content without forcing you to login.

Please advice the solutions.

Thanks,
    jwn

webjwn Friend

Hello joomlart,

I just wonder whether any developers are taking care of my quesions. thanks,

jwn

webjwn Friend

Hello joomlart,

I just wonder whether any developers are taking care of my quesions. thanks,

jwn

Adam M Moderator

Hi @webjwn,

If you switch to default template Protostar, you will see the same behavior. In this case, please try an extension from here instead.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @webjwn,

If you switch to default template Protostar, you will see the same behavior. In this case, please try an extension from here instead.

webjwn Friend

Hi Adam,

How could you switch to the prostat? when I tried, the front was broken.

Thank you for your trying.

Ray

webjwn Friend

Hi Adam,

How could you switch to the prostat? when I tried, the front was broken.

Thank you for your trying.

Ray

Adam M Moderator

Hi @webjwn,

Please follow these steps :

1. Navigate to the article detail page, currently you will see it even you’re not logged in.

2. Go to admin >>> Extensions >>> Template Manager >>> make the Protostar as default.

3. Now if you go to front-end, hit refresh while in article detail page, you will see the article as well.

webjwn Friend

Hi Adam,

Do you mean that this is a bug of Joomla?

Thanks,
    jwn

Adam M Moderator

Hi @webjwn,

In short, if it doesn’t work with default template Protostar, it might be the problem with Joomla! or you configured it wrong. As the problem is not related to our products, I’m afraid that I cannot assist you any further and the best solution for this case is to use 3rd party extension to handle the ACL part.

FYI : More detail about ACL can be found here.

webjwn Friend

<em>@Adam M 471662 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @webjwn,

In short, if it doesn’t work with default template Protostar, it might be the problem with Joomla! or you configured it wrong. As the problem is not related to our products, I’m afraid that I cannot assist you any further and the best solution for this case is to use 3rd party extension to handle the ACL part.

FYI : More detail about ACL can be found here.</blockquote>

Hi Adam,

I looked into the code and found the bug is from the JA Telline template.

There should be security check in overriding code for generating the link to the image. Code is your image.php file.

Thank you for your time.

jwn

webjwn Friend

<em>@Adam M 471662 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @webjwn,

FYI : More detail about ACL can be found here.</blockquote>

Hi Adam,

I looked into the code and found the bug is from the JA Telline template.

There should be security check in overriding code for generating the link to the image. Code is your image.php file.

Thank you for your time.

jwn

Adam M Moderator

Hi @webjwn,

I would appreciate if you could clarify a little bit so I can recheck. Which line / block of code did you think is a bug and how did you fix it ?

webjwn Friend

<em>@Adam M 471944 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @webjwn,

I would appreciate if you could clarify a little bit so I can recheck. Which line / block of code did you think is a bug and how did you fix it ?</blockquote>

Hi Adam M,

Line21:

$link = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($item->slug, $item->catid));

It should generate this article link only when it has the permission. I would wrap the statement and code looks like this:

if ($itemparams->get('access-view'))
    {
    $link = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($item->slug, $item->catid));
    }

Best,
    jwn

Adam M Moderator

Hi @webjwn,

Many thanks for the detail, I passed this matter to development team so they can check it. If you still have any question or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum