Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m not sure if this has been answered before but it’s a basic question…

I insert an image into an article and when I go to the page I see the image is too large. So I upload an edited version of the file which is smaller and should work perfectly. The image I upload has the same filename (because I want to keep the filename the same for SEO purposes and I don’t want to add any modifiers to the filename).

When I reload the page nothing changes.

So I go into the Joomla Backend and Clear Cache and Purge Expired Cache and in the older templates there used to be a T3 Cache Clean button and I do that too. But the Image still doesn’t change the size to the smaller version!

If I rename the file to something else I have no problem. The smaller image shows up right away.. But as soon as I rename the file back to the old name I still get the large image!

Ok so what else am I supposed to be doing to get the image I want with the filename I want AFTER modifying the file to a smaller size? I do want to keep the same filename!

Thanks!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    can you tell us
    which template you are using?

bluebeep Friend

Hi pankajsharma,

I can confirm this happens on JA Muzic, JA Brisk, JA Mendozite, JA Bearnis as they are the templates I have tested.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@bluebeep 429971 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi pankajsharma,
    I can confirm this happens on JA Muzic, JA Brisk, JA Mendozite, JA Bearnis as they are the templates I have tested.</blockquote>
    Give me the link of JA Music site where you you can see the images are not responsive

bluebeep Friend

I’m not sure how to do that. Actually I’m not sure if we’re talking about the same thing…

I’m talking about replacing a file using FTP and uploading a new file with new dimensions. If I go to the article and load the image of the new file I still get the old sized image showing up in the articles. So I don’t know how to show you this unless you see how I’m adding the images and I do it simply by clicking the ‘add image’ button in the WYSIWYG editor.

Other than placing an image using a different method maybe a cache thing?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Our Template are fully responsive . you can check it in the demo of templates.

You need a clear your joomla cache as well as the browser cache .
    Also clear the CDN cache if you are using it .
    I recommend you to use the default joomla method to insert the images .
    Go to article > options > images and link
    add intro image and full article image
    follow this link

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum