Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello I have a problem. My images wont resize to new dimensions in my articles ..

My resized folder permissions are set to 777

You can see this problem here:
    http://www.streetinstyle.com/nickel/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89&Itemid=83

This is what I get:

This what I’m traying to accomplish:

cjmicro Friend

How are you currently trying to resize them?

I usually resize before I upload, but sometimes use JCE editor upload feature, which resizes before it uploads.

Cheryl

vkuzy Friend

<em>@cjmicro 170366 wrote:</em><blockquote>How are you currently trying to resize them?

I usually resize before I upload, but sometimes use JCE editor upload feature, which resizes before it uploads.

Cheryl</blockquote>

I resize them using Joomla article editor tools. And in my situation uploading image that is already smaller size would not be very efficient, because I use image in more than one place.

Besides, because joomla images can not be resized properly, JA highslide extension cant create thumbnails..

cjmicro Friend

are you talking about the frontpage articles? does it work in any places? If not you have to be sure you have the GD compression installed and running on your server. Otherwise i don’t know… sorry!

oops just looked at your site and it looks fine to me… how did you fix it?

Cheryl

vkuzy Friend

<em>@cjmicro 170402 wrote:</em><blockquote>are you talking about the frontpage articles? does it work in any places? If not you have to be sure you have the GD compression installed and running on your server. Otherwise i don’t know… sorry!

oops just looked at your site and it looks fine to me… how did you fix it?

Cheryl</blockquote>

I dont know what “GD compression” is, but I would imagine it is installed. I’m using mojor hosting company (Just Host)… Besides, If I use JA templates that have been made in 2006, everything works fine..

As far as how I fixed my website, I didnt. it still has the problem… At least when I try to view it from couple computers I have acces to..

cjmicro Friend

sorry i can’t help, but i just checked the link again on Firefox it looks fine but on IE (8) it is larger like your first image. Hopefully someone else will chime in with better answer. Good luck,
    Cheryl

Saguaros Moderator

Dear vkuzy!

pls kindly try to check again, i saw the resize function is working well

Thanks

vkuzy Friend

<em>@tienhc 170634 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear vkuzy!

pls kindly try to check again, i saw the resize function is working well

Thanks</blockquote>

Not on my end it doesnt work. I use Internet Explorer, latest version. I checked it with my different computer running IE 6.0, and the problem is still there.. Pleese help me figure this one out..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vkuzy 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum