Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Okay, I’m thinking this may be a noob/novice question … but for the life of me, I can’t figure it out.

How can I use images I create (with corresponding rollover image effect) in place of text for any given menu ??

If there is a tutorial resource for this, please feel free to send my confused butt a walkin’

😉

TomC Moderator

Anyone ??
    Anyone ??
    Bueller ??
    Bueller ??

:((

mfcphil Friend

Tom take a look at the code in the Ja Genista template. that used images as menus if I remember rightly.

All it going to be is two images one for the original and one for the roll over. See what you can do with the code from that template.

TomC Moderator

<em>@mfcphil 125484 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tom take a look at the code in the Ja Genista template. that used images as menus if I remember rightly.

All it going to be is two images one for the original and one for the roll over. See what you can do with the code from that template.</blockquote>
    It looks as though there is an image next to the text menu items – so I’m not altogether sure it’s the same thing I’m looking for. I’m basically wanting my menu item to be an image – no automated text displayed. I’m hoping this can be accomplished within the Joomla menu structure . . . but, if not, I suppose I can do it with straight custom CSS in a custom-mod position.

TomC Moderator

I’m still having issues with this . . . issue. I found a couple of CSS tutorials on how to make an image based menu, but wen I tried to incorporate it into my site, it never worked. :((

Has anyone tried this and/or have any suggestions, ideas or insight on how I might be able to accomplish this?

TomC Moderator

Anyone ??
    Anyone ??
    Bueller ??
    Bueller ??

ahpeera Friend

Hey Tom,

I am in the same boat as you, trying to figure this out… Did you ever come up with a solution for this? I’d love to hear about it.. thanks!

TomC Moderator

Unfortunately, no . . . never got a response.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum