Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

Joomla: 2.5.14
    Template: ja_university

We need your help regarding this issue: The images and format are distorted in the carousel/slideshow on the homepage of this site:
    http://www.oilandgasinquirer.com

I noticed that the images rotating here are from ‘images/resized/’ folder. I could not find out how those images were generated automatically. but the images were not resized proportionally.

I have created credentials for you to take a look through backend (superuser), ftp/ssh. Please notes the url to the backend. When you type in the address, a popup box ask you for username and password, it is the same as the Joomla backend username password I give you in this post. But FTP username is different. It is a long string with the full domain name.

Please let me know if you have trouble to log on.

Thank you very much!

jwn

1. Image-011
    TomC Moderator

Please check the url to connect to your site administration …. have not been able to connect to check things out

webjwn Friend

Hi Tom,

Thanks you for this.

Sorry, I forgot to set you up in htaccesspwd file. It should be fine now.

the backend url I gave you earlier is Correct: http://www.oilandgasinquirer.com/jwnadmin

Please try again and let me know whether it works for you.

thanks,
    jwn

TomC Moderator

What are the actual dimensions of the images you have saved for the slideshow?

webjwn Friend

They are in subfolders under images folder.

The images are from articles in ‘Features’ category. You can find the image location info by:

go to Aritcle Manage, filter for this article: Big differences between US and Canadian LNG export plans

open it, click on the image, click on the image icon in the edit menu and you will find that the image is in:

images/121001/MAG2012_O1000000.jpg

Not all images are in same dimensions.

thanks,
    jwn

webjwn Friend

We also have dev. site. The dev site’s JA extension are not updated as production.
    Dev. site looks fine for the carousel.

Credentials for dev. site has been PMed to you.

TomC Moderator

Actually, all I was wanting to know (at this point) is what are the width + height dimensions of your slideshow images.

webjwn Friend

My understanding: In slideshow module, if the source is ‘from articles’ , the images displayed in slideshow were generated from the artilces, is this right?

The images in the articles may have different size (dimensions) and will be resized (cropped) proportionally.

webjwn Friend

Anybody else?

phong nam Friend

Hi webjwn,

Our JA Slideshow lite module will automatically get and resize the article’s intro image to display on the front-end. The size of resized image slides will depend on the Main item width settings in the backend of this module. Anyways, you can try to follow these steps:

– Upload my attached background image to templates/ja_university/images/ folder.

– Put below codes into the end of templates/ja_university/css/template.css file:

.ja-slide-desc {
    background: url('../images/trans-d40.png');
    margin-top: 30px;
    }

#ja-slideshow .ja-slide-item img {
    width: 100%;
    }

Clear JAT3 cache then. These will help to make your slideshow look better.

1. trans-d40
    webjwn Friend

Thank you this has fixed it so the image will go across all the way across the slideshow.

phong nam Friend

Hi webjwn,

Does that mean your slideshow module displays correctly now, doesn’t it ?

webjwn Friend

Yes. Thank you, very much, Leo. It is very helpful. Issue got resolved. 🙂

Please see: http://www.oilandgasinquirer.com/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  webjwn 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum