Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I am converting my site to the JA Lens template. I am encountering the following problem. When clicking on one of the images on the “landing page”, the full image is too wide for the frame. It should be 720 px wide (3 times the smaller images), but it become 770 px, with a part not being visible. In addition does the caption text partly disappear.
    Not sure this is a K2 or a template issue. Please advice.
    My website can be found at http://www.papafrezzo.com/cms/
    Best regards,
    Frédéric

fredericv Friend

<em>@fredericv 354141 wrote:</em><blockquote>In addition does the caption text partly disappear.</blockquote>
    I have made some progress here. When I disable the popup preview, the normal article looks just fine; the image is not cropped and the caption text is place correctly.
    The image in the popup is changing width with the size of the other tiles (3 times the width), but I am surprised to see that it always is too big, and always crops on the left hand side. Not sure if that is a bug or intended behaviour…
    Anyway, the caption text should never start in the invisible part of the frame, so that certainly is a big that needs fixing in the template. For the time being I will add some nbsp-s at the beginning of the caption text.
    How do I submit a bug report?

fredericv Friend

it seems like the answer is here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/images-and-shift/
    I have tried to add the lines in the css files as indicated, but it seems there is no effect.
    Possibly this has to do with the following. I have no access to the latest version of the JA PopUp plugin, i.e. version 2.5.7 of plg_system_japopup. The template page indicates only version 2.5.6 and a direct access is not allowed with my JATC membership.
    There are more (4 in total) of the plugins and modules associated with the template that give an indication that there is an update available, but updating failes, possibly due to the same reason.
    Please advice.

Ninja Lead Moderator

This is not a bug, because “Average Item Base Width” on JA Lens Template is set with a small size, see the screenshot

Popup column = Average Item Base Width * 3 but Natural Image is 720px, that’s reason image popup on your site was cropped

You need to change “Average Item Base Width” on JA Lens Template to 270px the problem on your site will fix it.

1. JA_Lens_Width
    fredericv Friend

Thank you very much for the response.
    My “Average Item Base Width” was 240px, but will change to 270px.
    Any solution for getting the latest version of the plugins?

fredericv Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 354499 wrote:</em><blockquote>You need to change “Average Item Base Width” on JA Lens Template to 270px the problem on your site will fix it.</blockquote>
    I have done as indicated, but still to no avail. I have clear the Joomla cache and the one in my Browser, but still the same issue. Is there anything else I have to do?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@fredericv 354522 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have done as indicated, but still to no avail. I have clear the Joomla cache and the one in my Browser, but still the same issue. Is there anything else I have to do?</blockquote>
    Ok, I would need to take a closer look at your site. Please pm me with admin access and ftp account on your site. I shall fix it directly on your site

Ninja Lead Moderator

Because popup on K2 article is fixed width = 100% but you can fix the problem with my suggestion

Open templates/ja_lens/css/layout-tablet.css file

from

.BlogView .itemImageBlock span.itemImage img {
    width: 100% !important;
    max-width: 100% !important;
    }

change to

.BlogView .itemImageBlock span.itemImage img {
    /*width: 100% !important;
    max-width: 100% !important;*/
    }

Open templates/ja_lens/css/component.css file
    from

.itemImageBlock .itemImage img {
    width: 100% !important;
    }

change to

.itemImageBlock .itemImage img {
    /*width: 100% !important;*/
    }

fredericv Friend

Thank you for the suggestion. I’ll give it a try and I’ll report back.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fredericv 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum