Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I like the ZinC template, especially the default theme, but the layout of modules is rather inflexible. Everything in the ‘light’ area goes above the main content and the left column is to the left of that. If you disable the main content to handle everything with the ja_news_fp module found in Teline II, the whole left column gets obsolete. For me, the left column should be to the left of user7. Could anybody give some guides how to alter the index.php to move the left column there?

geekyartist Friend

Hello Thirstyboot,

I have used the JA News modules with many of the templates and I have found that any template that was not specifially designed for JA News you must make sure to modify your index.php file and copy the code from the Teline template. You will also need to copy the JA News CSS files and put them in the CSS for JA Zinc.

You may have to adjust some of the CSS styling in the JA News CSS files to get everything to work correctly. I have been working on this conversion now for the last several days and I have solved many of the same issues you are having. You can see my changes at my livesite http://xanluna.com

Also make sure you do not have any modules set to left for the front page or this will mess up the template. Also make sure you add the JA News module position within the template xml. If you want I can package up my version of the Zinc files and give them to you if you like… you can then modify them to suit your needs. Just leave your email or drop me a note at my livesite.

Regards,

Geekyartist

thirstyboot Friend

Many thanks for your reply, Geekyartist.
    I have implemented JA_News and JA_News_FP without problems, just a few minor changes in the css and (for News_FP) disabling the main content on the frontpage in index.php (otherwise it would be visible twice). I’ve put News_FP at user 5 and News at 7. But my problem was that with main content disabled, the left column is unusable (as you mention also). So I’d like to rearrange the modules on the page, as I think the standard layout of modules (all modules on top, main content at the bottom) is’nt very clever. For the moment I can live without a left column, until I figured out how to rearrange things. I’ve done a bit of reading on the subject (I’m not a developer) and now I think it isn’t very hard to do – but for the moment I’m satisfied with my site (you can have a look at http://johnnysgarden.nl if you want) as it is. Had a nice job during the holidays setting it up.
    Many thanks again and a terrific 2009!

rduque Friend

<em>@thirstyboot 103177 wrote:</em><blockquote>Many thanks for your reply, Geekyartist.
    I have implemented JA_News and JA_News_FP without problems, just a few minor changes in the css and (for News_FP) disabling the main content on the frontpage in index.php (otherwise it would be visible twice). I’ve put News_FP at user 5 and News at 7. But my problem was that with main content disabled, the left column is unusable (as you mention also). So I’d like to rearrange the modules on the page, as I think the standard layout of modules (all modules on top, main content at the bottom) is’nt very clever. For the moment I can live without a left column, until I figured out how to rearrange things. I’ve done a bit of reading on the subject (I’m not a developer) and now I think it isn’t very hard to do – but for the moment I’m satisfied with my site (you can have a look at http://johnnysgarden.nl if you want) as it is. Had a nice job during the holidays setting it up.
    Many thanks again and a terrific 2009!</blockquote>
    how did you use the photo flow on you site?

do you mind sharing the steps?

awesome site 🙂

thirstyboot Friend

Thanks, rduque.
    The photo flow is just JA Flowlist, just album covers in a single directory. There are really no steps at all to set it up, just put JA Flowlist in the Slideshow position and tell it what directory to use.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  thirstyboot 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum