Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    I’m using the Ja Rutile template and wonder if any have a good way to insert a image as background image in the header ? The image I want to use is 900 x 140 px. I want the image to fill the entire header. I want to keep the “shadow effect/border” that is already there.

I have tried to add #ja-headerwrap in the template.css with no sucess.
    Also, I want to change the font color of the Top Menu.

Any good ideas ?

Cheers,
    Knut
    Norway

Sherlock Friend

Hi knuthubred !
    You can do it following some steps below :
    1. Copy background image to “templates/ja_rutile/images” folder.
    2. Open template.css file , find following code section at about line 771 :

#ja-header {
    line-height:normal;
    padding:20px 0 0;
    position:relative;
    width:100%;
    z-index:999;
    }

change to :

#ja-header {
    line-height:normal;
    padding:20px 0 0;
    position:relative;
    width:100%;
    z-index:999;
    background:url(../images/[background image name]);
    }

knuthubred Friend

Thanks so much! Do you know as well why I can’t show the logo in .png format ? I want the logo to be transparent. The corners of the Search button do the same.

Thanks,
    Knut

cjmicro Friend

In the logo area on the css you will need to make sure it is using the url of the png file. Rutile uses a jpg, so you need to replace the url with your file, and may need to adjust the height/width too. This is below the header area previously mentioned by hainn.

h1.logo a {
    width: 355px;
    height: 38px;
    display: block;
    background: url(../images/logo.jpg) no-repeat center;}

Cheryl

knuthubred Friend

Chreyl,
    I have done that. Replaced logo.jpg with logo.png and changed the template.css on the ftp but my transparent png file is not still visible ? is there any other places I have to make sure it is using the url of logo.png ? I’m frustrated.

h1.logo a {
    width: 355px;
    height: 45px;
    display: block;
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat center;
    }

Cheers,
    Knut

cjmicro Friend

can you post the url?

knuthubred Friend

Unfortunately my web it’s temporary on my local server. I will see what I can do to publish it. Suggestions anyway ?

Thanks,
    Knut

cjmicro Friend

is the logo there that you changed but it’s just not transparent, or the logo doesn’t show at all? is it still showing the old logo?

knuthubred Friend

The logo doesn’t show at all when I use the logo.png. Logo.jpg works fine but it’s not transparent so it does not looks good at all. I have no idea why this is happening.

Thanks,
    Knut

cjmicro Friend

i am stumped, sorry. can you send me the png and i can try putting it on the header to test?
    Cheryl

knuthubred Friend

You may download the image from this location: http://www.hubcom.no/logo.png

Knut

knuthubred Friend

Please find the logo at this location http://www.hubcom.no/logo.png

Knut

cjmicro Friend

Seems like you have to copy the new logo image to the images/color that you are using. Then also there is a css for each color, that’s where you have to change it.

So if you are using blue color, copy your logo.png to templates/ ja_rutile/images/blue folder and edit the logo area in templates/ja_rutile/images/css/colors/blue.css.

Not sure why it is in template.css at all, but I’m not an expert by any means!

PS I did this with your logo and it did work.

Cheryl

knuthubred Friend

Finally!

Thanks so much.
    Knut

cjmicro Friend

sorry it took so long to figure out, but glad it’s all ok now.
    Cheryl

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mhieke2008 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum