Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi I’m trying to embed a .swf file into an article. I was following this guide until an option didn’t appear which should have done. This was ‘insert / edit embedded media’. I need this feature as it will allow me to add my page turning book which I have uploaded into the media folder. I am using the Tiny MCE editor and even though I have the functionality set to ‘Extended’ the option to add embedded media still doesn’t appear.

Here is the guide I was following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YTSmvQVrGc

Any help would be really appreciated.

This is what I want to embed:

Thanks for your time.

B

1. Screen-Shot-2014-07-06-at-01.45.23
    2. Screen-Shot-2014-07-06-at-01.54.57
    chavan Friend

may be you can disable the editor in global configuration and then enter the embed code into the article and save it , this will work.

bencarlin Friend

Hi Chavan,

I am a complete novice when it comes to website building so when you say ‘enter the embed code’ how do you mean so?

I actually solved the problem in a different way on this occasion by using a free joomla plugin called Article Book Effect.

As shown at the bottom of the page here: http://www.benjamincarlin.com/index.php/portfolio/pandemonium

It would be great to know how to embed flash objects in articles for the future though!

Cheers again,

B

chavan Friend

1st Solution

The first thing I did was trying to get TinyMCE to accept my tag. After searching a bit I noticed a parameter in the TinyMCE plugin parameters (accessible through the plugins manager under “editors” category) called “Extended valid elements”.

You can use the “Extended valid elements” parameter to extend the set of HTML elements accepted by TinyMCE. It’s also good to know that there is also a variable to restrain the HTML elements accepted.

The syntax for extended elements is the following:

tagname1[param1|param2|…|paramN]

So, adding the follwing to the “Extended valid elements” did the trick.

embed

once done with it, you can insert the video on the editor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chavan 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum