Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I get this message when I try to install the template…

Any suggestion to fix this?

Cheers
    simmo

JInstaller::install: There is already a folder called ‘/mnt/webstorage/G//www/templates/ja_corona/images/body-bot.jpg’. Please initially check whether:
    • the Extension is already installed
    • the file names in the XML file are spelled correctly
    • there are no XML files listed inside the extension.xml file
    • all of the files (not including XML files) are correctly listed in the extension.xml file and there are no duplicate entries
    • there is an empty folder listed from a previous installation attempt

John Wesley Brett Moderator

It would appear you have tried to install the template before…is that correct?
    If so, then before trying again, I would delete the ja_corona folder, and everything in it, before attempting to install again.

Let us know,
    John.

simmo Friend

I had the template installed before and removed it because of some minor problems. And there is no folder ja_corona folder there now. Thats the strange thing…

Is that the ONLY error you are getting? And without access to your server, I’m can’t say for sure how it could say there is a folder there, if there isn’t a folder there. 🙂

templates/ja_corona/images/ is what you are looking for.

John.

simmo Friend

The only error is the one that I gave out. And the templates/ja_corona/images/ folder is deleted. I have access to the server and there is no ja_corona folder anymore. Strangely enough…

simmo

Then my only guess would be that it’s being referenced in your database somehow.

You may have success if instead of using the normal zip file upload…you go manual on it. Upload everything to your /tmp directory…and then install from there.

Maybe others have an idea other than blowing it all out and starting over.

John.

simmo Friend

I have never done that before and don’t know how to do that… If you please could help me with teh way to do that I will have a go at it – if not I see no other way to do the hole joomla installation all over again… :-[

simmo

Do you have access to the database using a program such as PhpMyAdmin?
    If you are hosted remotely, like through GoDaddy or NetworkSolutions then you have such access.
    Find out that…and then I can give you step by step instructions on cleaning out the database.

simmo Friend

I have access to phpMyAdmin now.

simmo

Cool.
    Okay…login phpMyAdmin
    In the left column, left-click on the database for your Joomla instance.
    Then click the “SEARCH” tab on the top of the main screen.
    In the “Word(s) or value(s) blank type: body-bot.jpg
    Then select: “Select All: and hit to GO button on the right.

This will search through your database looking for that file.
    Any instance of it will be accompanied by a “BROWSE” button so you can have a closer look at that line. Once found you can delete it.

John.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum