Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m trying to install a template so it looks like the demo.

I uploaded the files, and choose the template as default, but all the menu items
    and blocks don’t look like the demo!

Is a there a faq/guide to install templates?

I was trying to install: JA Rochea template

TomC Moderator

Question . . . How can you be an unlicensed member and have the Rochea template?

ShannonN Friend

tcraw1010;19690Question . . . How can you be an unlicensed member and have the Rochea template?

Exactly! Unless of course a client brought it for a mate that knows more than he did or he has two accounts one as a member but can’t remember his name etc or he found the template lying in the street and decided it was best to give it a good home 🙂 or just joined paid and the system won’t allow him member status?

Pick any of the above 😀

bigrk Friend

This is a repeat thread so I will ask the same question here. I wonder then where flexiverse got the template. Once you get a template and declare you are using it at a particular url wouldn’t you still have access to that forum even after your membership expires?

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;19706This is a repeat thread so I will ask the same question here. I wonder then where flexiverse got the template. Once you get a template and declare you are using it at a particular url wouldn’t you still have access to that forum even after your membership expires?

Guess its a job for MiCCAS and Ja to sort?

ErikThorsen Friend

As far as I am aware, all support cease to exist after your subscription ends. The reason for this is most likely that you should not have access to all support forums after the end of your subscription.

I see the logic in this because there are ways to get the template easy enough but not so easy to get the account to log in to the support forum here. If you need help after the subscription ends you would have to either sign up for another subscription or you would not get the help you want.

I guess most people agree to this policy or not. The point I guess is to make sure to make a profit. If you open up for “lifetime” support for joining it would be very easy to find the templates “lying on the street” as ShannonN puts it and then JA team would not make any more money in the future…

I don’t mind ( or wouldn’t mind ) paying for support AND templates in the same go. Of course, it might be easy enough for me to say because I have bought a developer license but still. I think the price here is fair enough. 🙂

Drifting a bit but anyways. There is a reason why JA team have made it so that you need to be licensed to enter parts of the forum and I am pretty sure they will keep it this way also in the future.

Michael Casha Friend

Whilst I don’t have really any say in the way the support methods take place, I can say that as far as I am aware we do not provide support once your template is expired, and as such your account doesn’t have access to the forums.

However, I’ll have a chat to the guys when they get back and see if we can sort something out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 17 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum