Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Good Day

Don’t know if this is in the right forum

How do i install this virtuemart theme into another template

TomC Moderator

<em>@jptromp 494630 wrote:</em><blockquote>Good Day

How do i install this virtuemart theme into another template</blockquote>

That is much easier said than done – as you would need to copy/paste all of the relative php and CSS files into the new template – and even then there may be some issues relative to code conflicts.

Better to install VirtueMart independently into the template you wish, and then customize from there.
    Otherwise, you may need to seek the assistance of a freelance developer/designer for assistance.

TomC Moderator

<em>@jptromp 494630 wrote:</em><blockquote>Good Day

How do i install this virtuemart theme into another template</blockquote>

That is much easier said than done – as you would need to copy/paste all of the relative php and CSS files into the new template – and even then there may be some issues relative to code conflicts.

Better to install VirtueMart independently into the template you wish, and then customize from there.
    Otherwise, you may need to seek the assistance of a freelance developer/designer for assistance.

jp Friend

<em>@TomC 494631 wrote:</em><blockquote>That is much easier said than done – as you would need to copy/paste all of the relative php and CSS files into the new template – and even then there may be some issues relative to code conflicts.

Otherwise, you may need to seek the assistance of a freelance developer/designer for assistance.</blockquote>

Hiring a freelancer is not an option for us. is there a way i can try? I see that the theme is not much of a difference from the default except for resizing here and there. so maybe not that much css. The ja music_sidebar layout (currently template) is not that much different from ja charity layout

I don’t know how to code css so i can not do the changes myself.

Currently i’m using Ja music with joomshopping and ja tiris theme for joomshopping. problem that this is not responsive, lots of errors with quantity selection and payment portal does not work with joomshopping

Don’t know if the Mijoshop and the ja decor theme will be a better or easier choice

jp Friend

<em>@TomC 494631 wrote:</em><blockquote>That is much easier said than done – as you would need to copy/paste all of the relative php and CSS files into the new template – and even then there may be some issues relative to code conflicts.

Otherwise, you may need to seek the assistance of a freelance developer/designer for assistance.</blockquote>

Hiring a freelancer is not an option for us. is there a way i can try? I see that the theme is not much of a difference from the default except for resizing here and there. so maybe not that much css. The ja music_sidebar layout (currently template) is not that much different from ja charity layout

I don’t know how to code css so i can not do the changes myself.

Currently i’m using Ja music with joomshopping and ja tiris theme for joomshopping. problem that this is not responsive, lots of errors with quantity selection and payment portal does not work with joomshopping

Don’t know if the Mijoshop and the ja decor theme will be a better or easier choice

TomC Moderator

Well, you can certainly try to transpose the CSS for the virtuemart elements.
    Here’s how I would go about it . . .

– Download and install locally the quickstart + sample data template files for JA Charity (using XAMP or WAMP)

– Install the template you want to use to your web host server

– Install the VirtueMart component

– Use FIREBUG to figure out the file path for the CSS for the virtuemart elements within JA Charity that you’ll want to try to transpose to your template.

– Cut and paste (overwrite) the CSS code for the elements you want to modify – from JA Charity to your template. (this will very likely involve a good deal of trial and error).

– Whatever doesn’t seem to work, you will likely need to customize yourself.

TomC Moderator

Well, you can certainly try to transpose the CSS for the virtuemart elements.
    Here’s how I would go about it . . .

– Download and install locally the quickstart + sample data template files for JA Charity (using XAMP or WAMP)

– Install the template you want to use to your web host server

– Install the VirtueMart component

– Use FIREBUG to figure out the file path for the CSS for the virtuemart elements within JA Charity that you’ll want to try to transpose to your template.

– Cut and paste (overwrite) the CSS code for the elements you want to modify – from JA Charity to your template. (this will very likely involve a good deal of trial and error).

– Whatever doesn’t seem to work, you will likely need to customize yourself.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum