Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I’m a new customer, so please bear with me.

I’m running a joomla 2.528 site.

I installed JA University, and made it my default theme, but my site frontend returns a blank page, nothing else.

I just want to make sure everything I did was right:

I installed University template and its plugins and component, and modules,
    T3 plugin is enabled.

what else have I missed?

Please see the image that shows what I downloaded ans installed.

PS: Don’t ask for a my site’s link, I changed back to the old theme now. The site is operational, and I can’t leave it like that showing a blank page.

Thanks.

TomC Moderator

When you installed your template, did you remember to install the sample data as part of the quickstart installation process?

hayatalyaqout Friend

<em>@TomC 470096 wrote:</em><blockquote>When you installed your template, did you remember to install the sample data as part of the quickstart installation process?</blockquote>
    No. I did not use the quick start thing. You can see it unticked in the attached image I uploaded.
    I believe the quick start is for sites that are new, my site already has data.

1. ScreenShot2363
    hayatalyaqout Friend

<em>@TomC 470096 wrote:</em><blockquote>When you installed your template, did you remember to install the sample data as part of the quickstart installation process?</blockquote>
    No. I did not use the quick start thing. You can see it unticked in the attached image I uploaded.
    I believe the quick start is for sites that are new, my site already has data.

Saguaros Moderator

When you experience issue with Blank (white) page, you can go to administrator area of your site >>> navigate to Global configuration > Server (tab) and set the ‘Error Reporting’ to ‘Maximum’ and go to frontend >> refresh your site again.

It will show you the detailed error message which will indicate the file caused issue.

Saguaros Moderator

When you experience issue with Blank (white) page, you can go to administrator area of your site >>> navigate to Global configuration > Server (tab) and set the ‘Error Reporting’ to ‘Maximum’ and go to frontend >> refresh your site again.

It will show you the detailed error message which will indicate the file caused issue.

hayatalyaqout Friend

<em>@Saguaros 470506 wrote:</em><blockquote>When you experience issue with Blank (white) page, you can go to administrator area of your site >>> navigate to Global configuration > Server (tab) and set the ‘Error Reporting’ to ‘Maximum’ and go to frontend >> refresh your site again.

It will show you the detailed error message which will indicate the file caused issue.</blockquote>

This is what I got:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or ‘$’ in /home/mysite/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/joomla25/layout/file.php on line 436

What should I do?

hayatalyaqout Friend

<em>@Saguaros 470506 wrote:</em><blockquote>When you experience issue with Blank (white) page, you can go to administrator area of your site >>> navigate to Global configuration > Server (tab) and set the ‘Error Reporting’ to ‘Maximum’ and go to frontend >> refresh your site again.

It will show you the detailed error message which will indicate the file caused issue.</blockquote>

This is what I got:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or ‘$’ in /home/mysite/public_html/plugins/system/t3/includes/joomla25/layout/file.php on line 436

What should I do?

Saguaros Moderator

The problem comes from the old PHP version you’re using. You could go to cPanel hosting of your site and switch to a newer version like: 5.3 or above (if you don’t have right to change, you can ask your hosting provider for help).

It will work then.

Saguaros Moderator

The problem comes from the old PHP version you’re using. You could go to cPanel hosting of your site and switch to a newer version like: 5.3 or above (if you don’t have right to change, you can ask your hosting provider for help).

It will work then.

hayatalyaqout Friend

<em>@Saguaros 471598 wrote:</em><blockquote>The problem comes from the old PHP version you’re using. You could go to cPanel hosting of your site and switch to a newer version like: 5.3 or above (if you don’t have right to change, you can ask your hosting provider for help).

It will work then.</blockquote>

I see. I’ll try that.
    Thank you.

hayatalyaqout Friend

<em>@Saguaros 471598 wrote:</em><blockquote>The problem comes from the old PHP version you’re using. You could go to cPanel hosting of your site and switch to a newer version like: 5.3 or above (if you don’t have right to change, you can ask your hosting provider for help).

It will work then.</blockquote>

I see. I’ll try that.
    Thank you.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hayatalyaqout 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum