Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Are you still planning on updating Intranet to work with DOCman 3.x? I noticed that someone had reported this issue, and that it has "Major" priority: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAINTRANET-158

However, it doesn’t look like there has been any progress.

I have DOCman 3.x and Intranet installed and would really love to see an update, as Intranet has such a simple, beautiful layout for DOCman. I hope you will provide an update for DOCman 3.x 🙂

Thank you very much!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

The template will be updated with new version. Pls stay tuned.

In the meantime, could you pls share any issue you face with new version of Docman? It’s much appreciated.

Regards

c45rs82wVm9y Friend

Hi,

That’s great!! I’m just starting with a fresh install of Intranet and DOCman 3.x. So far, I’ve created a few categories and documents, as described in the Intranet documentation. The first problem, however, was when I tried to create menu items, beginning with the Download link in the main menu. Apparently, there is no longer a DOCman » Filtered List » Filtered Table view. I looked at the html overrides and compared them to the corresponding views in the DOCman component, and there are some differences.

I am going to work some more on this tomorrow. As I learn more I will update this post with new information.

Very kind regards

Saguaros Moderator

Thank you, I will report to the team also for further checking.

c45rs82wVm9y Friend

Hi,

I created menu items for each DOCman 3.x view: A. Hierarchical (Table, List, and Gallery), B. Flat (Table, List, and Gallery), C. Tree (Table, List, and Gallery), D. Single Document, and E. Submit Document.

I also created three modules, as in the demo: 1. Views Type DOCman, 2. DOCman – Categories, and 3. DOCman – Documents.

RESULTS:

1. None of the DOCman view types are styled properly. All need to be updated.

2. The DOCman – Categories module is not styled properly. It needs to be updated.

3. The DOCman – Documents module is not styled properly. It needs to be updated.

ON THE POSITIVE SIDE…

I have not looked closely at the html or css to see whether there are major structural differences between v2 and v3. I have also not tested whether simply changing the html folder names to match the new views will solve any of the style problems. Therefore, despite the initial impression that significant work must be performed to update the template, perhaps only a few small changes will fix most of the style issues.

NOTE:

I was going to provide a detailed list of the style issues, including screenshots, but there are too many. Essentially, all the views need to be fixed, including the two modules (Categories and Documents), as I described above.

I hope you can fix these problems, as the DOCman section is one of the most elegant parts of the Intranet template.

Thank you!

Saguaros Moderator

Thank you for your report.

I added this topic into bug tracking system: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAINTRANET-158

c45rs82wVm9y Friend

Hi,

Was Intranet ever updated for DOCman 3.x? I tried to look at the changelog for Intanet, but I’ve been getting a "Server too busy" message all day.

Thank you

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Kindly take a backup of your site and check out the latest version of template, it should work with Docman 3.x

Regards

c45rs82wVm9y Friend

Thank you!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  c45rs82wVm9y 7 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum