Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello.

I would like to know how i can set the number of words the intro text is showning in
    Magazine – Category Listing : style-1 (For every category choosen to be shown).

I read here the answer Ninja Lead gave to Parisi,

https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/intro-text-4/

but it counts characters. Is it a way to make it to count words?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    The thread Here is for the show intro text for the article in category listing .
    You have to set the Readmore in articles where u want to stop the intro text to show .

Spell Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Spell Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    JA ACM does not have option to set the Intro text limits it will follow the same limit that you st via article editor Read more button .
    The limit above does not work on it .
    Beside u mentioned some of the introtext is cropped . For this i need to check the site page, kindly post the URL of site where i will check this problem .

Spell Friend

Thank you for the try. I made some changes and got the limit on 40 words with a … when it cuts its. Great plugin too.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Glad you sort it out , it would be nice if you will post the solution you used on site , it will help other to apply same .

Spell Friend

I used a plugin called (free) read less http://extensions.joomla.org/extension/read-less-text

Its a $#%^$@#^ to configure and it works better if you unpublish everything before installation. Then in discover mode you publish the articles and you have the cut in characters/words/sentences etc.

For Teline V words seem to work better.

Hope it helps 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Spell 8 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum