Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dear,

I asked my hosting provider if he could install the IONCUBE on my server. His reply is that IONCUBE only would work on php4. Is this the case, or is IONCUBE also compatible with PHP5?

my server detailsare:

Databaseversie: 5.0.51a-24+lenny3
    Database collatie: utf8_general_ci
    PHP versie: 5.2.6-1+lenny6
    Webserver: Apache/2
    Webserver naar PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
    Joomla! versie: Joomla! 1.5.15 DutchJoomla! Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Mamni ] 05-November-2009 04:00 GMT
    Gebruikers indentificatie: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

beastmode54 JA JobBoard

I thought that the job board had to be installed on PHP 5 anyways…i have installed ioncube on php4 in the past. Who is ur provider..i have Goodaddy,,and i know it was a bit tricky.

histeriks Friend

Hi there,

ioncube does work with PHP 5, it’s just that it doesn’t work with certain versions of it, such as PHP 5.3.0.

Your PHP version is 5.2.6, so there should be no reason for your hosting provider not to install it.

I guess you should talk with him again.

Good luck 🙂

cadaccent Friend

Sorry I didn’t reply earlier, the hosting party is still finding excuses to not install IonCube.

I know isn’t the best configuration but we are on a shared server, would this be a problem?

Or can Ioncube simply be installed on in the root of my joomla installation?

e.g. www/mywebsite/joomlaroot

Anonymous Moderator

Hi all,

In fact, JA Job Board is not encoded anymore (I think from version 1.4.0 forward). Thus, ioncube loader is no more necessary.

The announcement about the same shall be updated on our blog very soon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum