Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

We want our users to be able to add our icon to their touch screen. Currently the template just adds a screenshot of the home page which is too small to see. The last forum discussion on this was in 2011. How can we add our icon to our template?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @susanburton,

I’m not entirely sure of which place in our template you want to add icon, could you clarify a bit more details – or send me some screenshot illustrates how it should be so that I can help?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi @susanburton,

I’m not entirely sure of which place in our template you want to add icon, could you clarify a bit more details – or send me some screenshot illustrates how it should be so that I can help?

Till Friend

Hi Susan,

what a coincidence. I just added the functionality to my own site. Follow these steps:

Create different touch-icons. You could do that with an online generator, e.g. http://iconifier.net/ For a good in-depth explanation on touch-icons read here.

Upload the touch-icons to where you want them on your server. I used the root images folder. But you also could use the template images folder.

On your server copy the file

/templates/uber/tpls/blocks/head.php

to the folder

/templates/uber/local/tpls/blocks/head.php

If there is no local folder, create one and the subsequent directory structure.

Edit the copied head.php and add some or all of the following lines of HTML. I added them just before the closing comment for mobiles and handhelds at line 41. Seemed fitting.

<link rel=”apple-touch-icon-precomposed” sizes=”57×57″ href=”/path/to/your/image/folder/apple-touch-icon-57×57-precomposed.png”>
    <link rel=”apple-touch-icon-precomposed” sizes=”76×76″ href=”/path/to/your/image/folder/apple-touch-icon-76×76-precomposed.png”>
    <link rel=”apple-touch-icon-precomposed” sizes=”120×120″ href=”/path/to/your/image/folder/apple-touch-icon-120×120-precomposed.png”>
    <link rel=”apple-touch-icon-precomposed” sizes=”152×152″ href=”/path/to/your/image/folder/apple-touch-icon-152×152-precomposed.png”>
    <link rel=”apple-touch-icon-precomposed” sizes=”180×180″ href=”/path/to/your/image/folder/apple-touch-icon-180×180-precomposed.png”>
    <link rel=”icon” sizes=”192×192″ href=”/path/to/your/image/folder/touch-icon-192×192.png”>
    <!– //META FOR IOS & HANDHELD –>

Till Friend

Hi Susan,

what a coincidence. I just added the functionality to my own site. Follow these steps:

Create different touch-icons. You could do that with an online generator, e.g. http://iconifier.net/ For a good in-depth explanation on touch-icons read here.

Upload the touch-icons to where you want them on your server. I used the root images folder. But you also could use the template images folder.

On your server copy the file

/templates/uber/tpls/blocks/head.php

to the folder

/templates/uber/local/tpls/blocks/head.php

If there is no local folder, create one and the subsequent directory structure.

Edit the copied head.php and add some or all of the following lines of HTML. I added them just before the closing comment for mobiles and handhelds at line 41. Seemed fitting.

<link rel=”apple-touch-icon-precomposed” sizes=”57×57″ href=”/path/to/your/image/folder/apple-touch-icon-57×57-precomposed.png”>
    <link rel=”apple-touch-icon-precomposed” sizes=”76×76″ href=”/path/to/your/image/folder/apple-touch-icon-76×76-precomposed.png”>
    <link rel=”apple-touch-icon-precomposed” sizes=”120×120″ href=”/path/to/your/image/folder/apple-touch-icon-120×120-precomposed.png”>
    <link rel=”apple-touch-icon-precomposed” sizes=”152×152″ href=”/path/to/your/image/folder/apple-touch-icon-152×152-precomposed.png”>
    <link rel=”apple-touch-icon-precomposed” sizes=”180×180″ href=”/path/to/your/image/folder/apple-touch-icon-180×180-precomposed.png”>
    <link rel=”icon” sizes=”192×192″ href=”/path/to/your/image/folder/touch-icon-192×192.png”>
    <!– //META FOR IOS & HANDHELD –>

Saguaros Moderator

But I don’t know how it should be, could you send me screenshot?

Saguaros Moderator

But I don’t know how it should be, could you send me screenshot?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum