Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have installed iProperty and Purity 3 on my Joomla! 3.3.6 site. In iProperty’s Settings, I selected the option to load Bootstrap CSS, as the thumbnail images were not resizing correctly when this option was turned off.

However, I have noticed display issues on any pages using the iProperty component. It’s noticeable in padding that appears around the toggle button for the off-canvas sidebar. In addition, the menu link text in the navbar is bold on the iProperty pages, and not in the other Joomla pages.

Would this be a conflict in Bootstrap CSS if both Purity and iProperty load it? Any suggestions would be welcome!

É

TomC Moderator

Have you checked with the component’s developers as well?

Eragon H Friend

It seems an incompatibility between Bootstrap in Ja Purity (BS3) and the iProperty. You can try

1. You can try to turn on/off the Legacy Compatible : Extensions >> Template Manager >> Ja Purity >> General >> Legacy Compatible >> ON/OFF

2. You also can
    a. Share your site URL and temporary admin account
    b. List all the issues by screenshot with description and direct URL. I can try to help if possible

eadaoinnn Friend

Hi TomC,

I have asked the iProperty developers too. They have said it shouldn’t be necessary to load Bootstrap CSS in iProperty settings is the template uses and loads Bootstrap. As there are separate display issues when it’s loaded in iProperty (padding in navbar) and not loaded (thumbnail images not resizing), I’m just trying to establish the best course of action.

hi Eragon H,

I have tried toggling the legacy setting in the template, and it doesn’t have any effect. I’m working on it in localhost at the moment, but if I don’t work it out, I’ll upload a copy and take you up on your kind offer to troubleshoot it for me, thanks.

É

Eragon H Friend

Yep, kindly
    a. Upload your site and share your site URL and temporary admin account
    b. List all the issues by screenshot with description and direct URL

I will try to help if possible

eadaoinnn Friend

Thanks, Eragon H.
    Could I PM or email the details please? This is not a production site yet…
    Thanks,
    É

Eragon H Friend

I received your site information.
    Kindly list all the issues by screenshot with description and direct URL. This also include how the issue should be in correct state. So, I can understand the issue

eadaoinnn Friend

Hi Eragon H,

The IProperty support team say ‘Load Bootstrap CSS’ in their component settings should be set to ‘off’ when using a Bootstrap template such as Purity. So, the display issue I’m having is in the Property List view, where the list should contain property descriptions and thumbnails. When Bootstrap is not loaded by IProperty, instead of thumbnails, the property images are filling the whole pane.

If I load Bootstrap CSS, the property images load correctly, but there are other issues with padding in the navbar, and according to the component developers, I should not need to load it if using this template. They suggest that the problem may be due to their being no max-width attached to the image.

The ‘Houses’ link in the main menu leads to the page in question.

Many thanks,
    É

1. correct_display
    2. incorrect_display
    Eragon H Friend

When disable loading Bootstrap in iProperty, you can try to add this code to the file root/templates/ja_purity_iii/css/custom.css (create this file if unavailable)

.span3.ip-overview-img {
    float: left !important;
    width: 26% !important;
    min-height: 180px !important;
    box-sizing: border-box !important;}

You can try to change the value to meet your need.

Result:

Best regards,

1. Screenshot_1
    eadaoinnn Friend

Hi Eragon,

Thank you for that, it does work on the property list page.
    However, in the property view page, the image is still displaying at full size, protruding outside of the width of the page, and pushing the text panel down beneath it, please see attached.
    This is the view whenever any of the properties in the list are clicked.

Thanks,
    Éadaoin

1. property_view_incorrect_display
    2. property_view_correct_display
    eadaoinnn Friend

Hi Eragon,

Any thoughts on how I could fix that issue?

Following the logic of the previous custom.css edit, I tried the following:

.span7.pull-left.ip-mapleft {
    float: left !important;
    width: 50% !important;
    min-height: 400px !important;
    }

This had no effect, though, and I’m not sure if it’s the format of the code or the choice of class I’m applying it to… Any chance you could point me in the right direction?

many thanks, É

Eragon H Friend

I find that the bootstrap of template is also not loaded when turn off loading Bootstrap in iProperty component. So, you can try to adding this code to file custom.css to fixed the issue with header when loading bootstrap.

.navbar .btn, .navbar .btn-group {
    margin-top: 0 !important;}

.navbar .nav>li>a, .btn {
    text-shadow: none !important;}

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eragon H 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum