Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have a problem which today has driven me mad, I have redone the page many times thinking I may have had a syntax error that blew the template but it is all correct, even wrote it all in Dreamweaver because I can see the colours of the code in there to make it easier but no solution…..

So what am I ranting about?

I know its not an ideal solution but I am adding image links into the category pages, but I cannot add any more rows of images to this page:

http://www.medboat.com/boat-charters/mallorca/motor

If I add them, as soon as it is saved it strips them out and the template goes wrong, basically the right contents drop below, if I resave the template corrects.

Is there a setting somewhere in Joomla for maximum character or page length?

Is it something in the Rasite template?

Automatic stripping of the code makes me think it could either be a setting in Joomla or a bug, but nobody ever answers over there :confused:

Thanks and sorry for ranting but its driven me mad today….

KEVIN

kairey Friend

Well I searched everywhere and then thought I would check the category description length in the database, it was set to 5120 characters, did a count on my page and it was 5,080 hence stripping the code out when I saved every time.

Changed the limit to 7,000 and now works perfect!

I looked at my last installation of Joomla 1.5, the last official release and it had no limit on characters, so watch out for this one!!!!

KEVIN

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  kairey 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum